Favourite ration beverage?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
ElevatorFan73

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Post by ElevatorFan73 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Unpopular, but I really like the Lemon-lime and grape beverage bases in US MREs
*opens crackers and a horrible, bleach scent fills the room*
"Not bad."

Karl P

Post by Karl P » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:43 am

Chocolate mint or orange cocoa drink in the British 24 hr ration

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Post by sourwes » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:08 pm

Orange pineapple drink from Canadian IMPs my favorite. German EPA drinks are very good though also.
it is what it is....

fatoutdoors

Post by fatoutdoors » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:11 pm

ElevatorFan73 wrote:Unpopular, but I really like the Lemon-lime and grape beverage bases in US MREs
Brother I'm right with you. The Lemon-lime one might smell like an air freshener but I like the flavor of it. Plus the coffee, tea, and chocolate drinks mess with my meds. So I usually put those in the give away pouch.

SD_Jeff
eBay name: Sluggowins

Post by SD_Jeff » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:07 pm

One type that I DON"T like is the little packets often found in the MRE accessory bag. They use aspartame which tends to make me ill. I have to avoid them.

Jeff

elandil

Post by elandil » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:29 pm

look, i'll be honest. I'm a LeLi Gatorade addict. So I love getting the LemonLime drink mixes. Grape.....not so much.

I don't have a favorite so far. All have had pluses and minuses...the only one I can say I've truly hated was the Mint Isotonic drink that came in the RCIR. It seriously tasted like someone mixed mint mouthwash with aquafresh toothpaste. The nastiest tasting stuff I have put in my mouth.

Westview
eBay name: robichj

Post by Westview » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:16 pm

elandil wrote:the only one I can say I've truly hated was the Mint Isotonic drink that came in the RCIR. It seriously tasted like someone mixed mint mouthwash with aquafresh toothpaste. The nastiest tasting stuff I have put in my mouth.
Lol oh yeah i remember that drink. I took a sip of that cloudy white colored water stuff and immediately poured the rest down the drain. Until now I thought it was just a bad batch or something. My favorite? I would say the protein yogurt drinks in Canadian IMP's is my favorite.

sparkingdogg
eBay name: sparkingdogg

Post by sparkingdogg » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:48 pm

COFFEE!! :shock:

Of course I am a caffeine addict LOL. I would personally be very happy to see the US MRE contain a better coffee though. I am not a Starbucks fan, but their Via instant coffee packets are excellent, taste like real brewed coffee. The Folgers tea bag single coffee packets are even good, and cheap. The military boys and girls deserve better coffee than what's in a US MRE.
I love the smell of 2 stroke oil and MRE coffee in the morning!

elandil

Post by elandil » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:34 pm

sparkingdogg wrote:COFFEE!! :shock:

Of course I am a caffeine addict LOL. I would personally be very happy to see the US MRE contain a better coffee though. I am not a Starbucks fan, but their Via instant coffee packets are excellent, taste like real brewed coffee. The Folgers tea bag single coffee packets are even good, and cheap. The military boys and girls deserve better coffee than what's in a US MRE.
The problem is the Folgers and other name brands they used to put in kept going bad too quickly. Honestly, the last incarnation "Coffee, Type III" has been pretty decent.

I know Canada has started using the Nescafe 3-in-1's and other blended beverages. So it may be something we do see in the future.

housil

Post by housil » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:42 pm

elandil wrote:
I know Canada has started using the Nescafe 3-in-1's and other blended beverages. So it may be something we do see in the future.
Serious?
I get this also in the grocery over here.