Favourite ration beverage?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
SentientTootsieRoll

Re: Favourite ration beverage?

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:42 am

It's hard for me to decide on favorites, but I can list off a few that I've really enjoyed and some I haven't been too fond of.

- Any drinks from the dark brown bag US MREs, especially grape. The artificial flavors do it all for me. In the newer MREs, I notice the drinks tend to be a bit too tart but they're still a nice addition.
- Canadian IMP Drinks are amazing, perfect balance of sweetness and thirst quenching power.
- Raspberry and Blackcurrant British ORP drinks. Good lord, those things are freakin' heaven!
- Oh, and do the MRE dairy shakes count? Don't even get me started on those! I'll pry those things out of anyone's hands if they dare come near me with one! (It's probably a good thing I'm not in the military) Strawberry Banana FTW! They're best when you add very little water so that it's thick.

- I wasn't too impressed with the blue lemonade from the CR1M I had Sunday afternoon. It wasn't terrible by any means but the flavor wasn't really there.
- The drinks from the ORP that come in the aluminum package leave much to be desired as well. They also tend to be quite tart and don't do much in the way of quenching thirst and they make my stomach feel a little iffy.

Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

Old School am I right?

Post by Simon2002mre » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Gotta go old school, Coffee Instant Type 1, light, bold blend, with a comforting smooth finish, a great start to the day.
-Simon2002mre
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Raspberry drink mix from Canadian IMPs. It's awesome!
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

Demamp_Camp

Post by Demamp_Camp » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:02 am

Holy necro-bump Batman

....but my favorite beverage base is grape by far.

I’ve finally experienced my fair share of MREs and grape is the absolute best in my opinion

mokmeet

Post by mokmeet » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:30 pm

I need to find some grape drank MRE and make some leeeeeeeeeeeeeean with it