Good multi-compartment mess trays in Europe?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
Synthpeter

Good multi-compartment mess trays in Europe?

Post by Synthpeter » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:37 am

I figured I could use a multi-compartment mess tray like the ones I see in most videos by all your favourite MRE reviewers.
However the only one I could easily get in Sweden was a German one from eBay.de .
http://www.ebay.de/itm/331982805775
which I used when trying out my first MRE (posted in MRE reviews).
One compartment is for the cutlery and one seems to be for a cup, so in practice there are only 3 actual compartments, which seems a bit on the low side (which I noticed when unpacking my MRE).
I also noticed if I place a big heavy glass in the cup compartment the entire tray wants to tilt towards that corner and the glass will topple over :? Seems the cup compartment doesn't go as deep so there's no support in that corner...
So, any Europeans have a source for proper US 6-compartment or similar trays?
The shipping from the US to Sweden is like 5 times the price of the tray...

ancienttyrael
eBay name: apiontek11

Re: Good multi-compartment mess trays in Europe?

Post by ancienttyrael » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:11 pm

Hows shipping from UK? I can usually get decent sets from over the pond for ok costs.

Synthpeter

Re: Good multi-compartment mess trays in Europe?

Post by Synthpeter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Maybe I just thought shipping would be cheaper, but I guess I have to pay for shipping large items, even within Europe.
Typical shipping cost from the US to Sweden is $20-$25. With a tray costing $5 it just seems a bit silly, but I guess I gotta pay the price if I want the authentic stuff :)
Maybe my German tray will do fine ;)
Shipping for it btw was 7 Euros from Germany, tray was 12 Euros.
Someone else was selling the same item, but with the prices basically swapped (tray 7 Euros, shipping 12 Euros), so the total was the same, then the prices just go up from there.
No biggie. Just curious if I was unaware of some obvious place you guys got your trays from :)