Foil trays into frh?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
alcockell

Foil trays into frh?

Post by alcockell » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi folks

I was wondering, you know the foil trays used in Russian, German rations etc- has anyone tried throwing them into an frh to heat them up?

RockyRaab

Re: Foil trays into frh?

Post by RockyRaab » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:10 am

I doubt they'd fit. Besides, there's no reason to put anything but water inside the FRH - despite the instructions. Sandwich your food items either side of the FRH, wrap the whole thing in some kind of insulation, and then add the water and tuck in the top flap.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

housil

Post by housil » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:13 am

alcockell wrote:Hi folks

I was wondering, you know the foil trays used in Russian, German rations etc- has anyone tried throwing them into an frh to heat them up?
Not yet...
But I guess the German ones wouldn´t get this warm as they are more thick than a MRE entree. But I´ll try it :wink:

rabidwolf

Post by rabidwolf » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Usually those type of rations. Have their own unique FRH, or use folding stoves.

I think some of the Polish rations have a foil main entree tray, and they come with a super sized version of the FRH.

elandil

Post by elandil » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:01 pm

but then you would miss the fun of playing with an open flame.... :mrgreen:

Seriously, I don't see why it wouldn't work. It may not get them piping hot, but should at least knock the chill off.

Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Post by Delicious » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:23 am

I've tried - if I understand correctly what you mean by a foil tray. Actually the Polish single meal rations have foil trays and a big FRH - you can see it e.g. on this vid
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

rabidwolf

Post by rabidwolf » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Delicious wrote:

I've tried - if I understand correctly what you mean by a foil tray. Actually the Polish single meal rations have foil trays and a big FRH - you can see it e.g. on this vid
Good find delicious, that is exactly what I was referring to. I have one stashed away somewhere, just have to find it.