Ordering multiple Russian IRP question

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
perezmanticora
eBay name: perez-addo

Ordering multiple Russian IRP question

Post by perezmanticora » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Hello team,

I am new to this hobby and to this great website. I am considering ordering 7 Russian IRPs from https://grey-shop.ru since it seems I'll be saving on shipping and handling.

Before I do this I would appreciate some guidance if this is a good decision.

Am I risking that US customs ransack my 7 IRPs package and take all the entrees? Is it safer to order 1 or 2 at a time to decrease the chance of this?

Can you provide tips/guidance on how to safeguard international rations so they get to me unmolested by customs, or at least decrease the chances?

If this question has been answered before I apologize I am still reading previous posts. Thanks in advance!

Respectfully,

Perez
Put it in the satchel of sorrows.

housil

Re: Ordering multiple Russian IRP question

Post by housil » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:14 pm

perezmanticora wrote: Am I risking that US customs ransack my 7 IRPs package and take all the entrees?
Yes as the "import" of meet, dairy etc is prohibited.

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:05 pm

perezmanticora wrote:Hello team,

I am new to this hobby and to this great website. I am considering ordering 7 Russian IRPs from https://grey-shop.ru since it seems I'll be saving on shipping and handling.

Before I do this I would appreciate some guidance if this is a good decision.

Am I risking that US customs ransack my 7 IRPs package and take all the entrees? Is it safer to order 1 or 2 at a time to decrease the chance of this?

Can you provide tips/guidance on how to safeguard international rations so they get to me unmolested by customs, or at least decrease the chances?

If this question has been answered before I apologize I am still reading previous posts. Thanks in advance!

Respectfully,

Perez
7 seems excesive, and you may find cheaper IRP alternatives from eBay. Grey Shop ships via airmail so shipping can be very high. $45 for one IRP! Plus they sell the elusive Spetznatz/FSB mountain pack. Usually crackers in IRP's go stale and break open inside the IRPs. Customs may or may not open your IRP because they probably don't read Russian. Another thing about IRP shipments is that my IRP from Grey Shop came in a box with no packaging protection. So entrees and crackers may break open when shipping (like mine :cry: ).

Also, when you get an IRP, make sure you open the on the bottom, which is the opposite end of the handle. There is a resealable opening located at the bottom.

IRPs are great rations (even better if you don't have one with stale crackers), and with any other international ration, you have to pay alot just to have it shipped. Many people on the forums trade via shipping in order to save money and to have a fun experience.

sorry for the sloppy reply, I just remember I have a review or two to post :mrgreen:
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Post by sourwes » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:19 pm

I have ordered IRPs from this seller and was very happy with the shipment. He gave me a break on the shipping( I think it was 10 units if I remember correctly; 5 Emercom and 5 FSB), but shipping from Moscow is high no matter what. It did take a long time (I think the postal carrier carried it across Europe on his back lol), and the box was a little beat up when it arrived, but the rations were in good shape. Also, the shipment was unmolested by customs, although technically it could be a concern. International are always a gamble, although I've only had one opened by customs so far. Overall I was very happy and am still enjoying them today!
image.jpeg
Good luck with your order!
it is what it is....

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:31 pm

sourwes wrote:I have ordered IRPs from this seller and was very happy with the shipment. He gave me a break on the shipping( I think it was 10 units if I remember correctly; 5 Emercom and 5 FSB), but shipping from Moscow is high no matter what. It did take a long time (I think the postal carrier carried it across Europe on his back lol), and the box was a little beat up when it arrived, but the rations were in good shape. Also, the shipment was unmolested by customs, although technically it could be a concern. International are always a gamble, although I've only had one opened by customs so far. Overall I was very happy and am still enjoying them today!
image.jpeg
Good luck with your order!
The ones you have pictured are both "MVD" which were Russian internal troops until April of 2016, now it has formed into the Russian National Guard. The Blue IRPs are for ERMCOM- basically, the Russian version of FEMA( a few users on this website have stated before). The camouflage ration was for the MVD troops and paramilitary personal if I am not mistaken. The ration pack advertised as "FSB" on Grey Shop's website is the mountain pack, which is used with special forces units such as Spetznatz.

All and all, that looks like a neat haul you got yourself there! I hope none of your IRP's had any busted entree's like mine (the potato and beef stew had mold in a busted corner! :cry: )
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Post by sourwes » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:18 am

Yes it was a nice haul, thk you! I think the total with shipping was $205 for 10 rations, so just a lil over $20 ea shipped. I love the IRPs, it's currently my favorite, so it's cost effective for me to buy 10 at a time...I have bought about 50 IRPs in 5 separate lots and using 2 sellers; greyshop and kreedenc and both merchants have given me sharply discounted shipping rates for buying 10 units at a time. Just talk to them, they'll work with you. This makes my avg cost per ration around $20 ea. Then I have been able to trade the IRPs for just about any other 24hr ration i want with no problems at all. In one trade, I traded 2 IRPs for 2 RCIR French 24hr rations, straight up. He wanted $59 ea to sell those RCIRs. The IRPs also seem to be packaged somewhat sloppily; but are surprisingly durable! In my last shipment, other than some busted crackers(normal) I only had 1 kasha that was busted in this lot, but it's my favorite item ...My only real complaint in my experiences with the IRPs is the shipping time from Moscow to USA; usually takes about 2 months! In this day and age, 2 months shipping time for a package seems "glacially" slow lol! Now I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new "mountain" ration. Good luck with your IRPs!!
it is what it is....

perezmanticora
eBay name: perez-addo

Post by perezmanticora » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Thanks everybody for your input. This information is invaluable!
v/r
Perez
Put it in the satchel of sorrows.