Leftover accessories

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
Apocalypse

Re: Leftover accessories

Post by Apocalypse » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:09 pm

The jams & peanut butter make alright packing materials when mailing your trades.
-------------------------------------
Offence cannot be given, only taken.

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:32 pm

housil wrote:
emtsarah wrote: Think there is a market for the loads of accessories that I have?
Put them on ebay by the kg/lbs, that´s what I do or I give them away for free to the local kids when we are on military camping trips with my reserve unit.
It's nice that you give them to kids, great Halloween idea for people in the states.
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

magu2k

Post by magu2k » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:32 am

I kept an IMP bag (self standing!) and keep my extras bagged in there. Especially as I am taking on a project of documenting items in IMP's year to year (thats a very rough description).
I am very much a tea drinker. So I save the tea, and then throw 2 tea bags into one large thermos. I'm not much of a "sports drink" drinker, but I'll drink one in the context of an IMP. So I am saving those and maybe soon, someone will be interested in doing a video review of 5+ different IMP fruit drinks flavours.

Mountainmisty
eBay name: woody8330

Post by Mountainmisty » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:36 am

If you mix the ration tea with black tea bet it would taste better
Thank you
Misty :lol: :D

magu2k

Post by magu2k » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:47 am

Mountainmisty wrote:If you mix the ration tea with black tea bet it would taste better
Mind, this is my taste. I prefer black tea, or with just a bit of cream. Cream is not "milk". So yea, I'd far rather add tea to tea! heccin yes.

Mountainmisty
eBay name: woody8330

Post by Mountainmisty » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:48 am

magu2k wrote:
Mountainmisty wrote:If you mix the ration tea with black tea bet it would taste better
Mind, this is my taste. I prefer black tea, or with just a bit of cream. Cream is not "milk". So yea, I'd far rather add tea to tea! heccin yes.
I thought about maybe adding a little of the jam to it if it was very bad lol
Thank you
Misty :lol: :D

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:42 am

My brother is an Archaeologist so I usually save up a bunch of extra accessories and condiments in big ziploc bags for him to throw into his kit while out at various sites. Sometimes he could be in the middle of nowhere and realize he'd like some more coffee or tea or gum or any number of things.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.