Leftover accessories

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
Looserevolution

Leftover accessories

Post by Looserevolution » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:32 am

This is what my wife does with leftover mre items. She eats them as well, we're going to start doing tandem reviews together soon
Attachments
image.jpeg

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Re: Leftover accessories

Post by sourwes » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:39 am

Awesome! My wife loves em as well. Her current favorite is the FSR; mine is the IRP...
it is what it is....

housil

Post by housil » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:54 pm

Mine loves spicy/hot MREs and vegetable crackers w/ jalapeno cheese that I don´t so - no left overs :mrgreen:

kwiklot

Post by kwiklot » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:40 pm

i dont see vegetable crackers anymore in the new ones.

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:14 pm

Nobody in my family cares for MREs and accessories and a handful of people in my Venture Crew and former Boy Scout Troop actually cared for them (the adult leaders made fun of me) :cry: :cry: However, a handful did like the US MREs and were very curious of the Russian IRP (MVD variant) I brought on a hiking trip. I also keep many of the leftover accessories, but they're usually toilet paper, salt, pepper, spoons, matches, mini stoves and fuel tablets from international rations etc. These items are stored in the box I got my IRP in.
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:18 pm

kwiklot wrote:i dont see vegetable crackers anymore in the new ones.
Do you know when they were discontinued? I have seen them as recently as 2012 made Sopacko 14 rations
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

emtsarah

Post by emtsarah » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:31 am

I always have leftovers from the MRE's I eat. I don't drink coffee and don't like the shake type drinks. I don't eat the cheese spread with jalapenos nor do I eat the regular cheese sometimes. I also don't like the chocolate peanut butter so I only eat the regular peanut butter or the chunky peanut butter. I don't use the seasoning packets nor the Tabasco packets. Some of the side dishes/desserts I don't eat as well, for example the corn nuts, the dried fruits, etc... Think there is a market for the loads of accessories that I have?

CRO CSO

Post by CRO CSO » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:10 am

emtsarah wrote:I always have leftovers from the MRE's I eat. I don't drink coffee and don't like the shake type drinks. I don't eat the cheese spread with jalapenos nor do I eat the regular cheese sometimes. I also don't like the chocolate peanut butter so I only eat the regular peanut butter or the chunky peanut butter. I don't use the seasoning packets nor the Tabasco packets. Some of the side dishes/desserts I don't eat as well, for example the corn nuts, the dried fruits, etc... Think there is a market for the loads of accessories that I have?
hahahaha u mean u only eat main dishes from the MRE.....;)

housil

Post by housil » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:55 am

emtsarah wrote: Think there is a market for the loads of accessories that I have?
Put them on ebay by the kg/lbs, that´s what I do or I give them away for free to the local kids when we are on military camping trips with my reserve unit.

CRO CSO

Post by CRO CSO » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:17 am

housil wrote:
emtsarah wrote: Think there is a market for the loads of accessories that I have?
I give them away for free to the local kids when we are on military camping trips with my reserve unit.
i like that u give leftovers to kids...