Use for FRH

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
Button_Jockey

Use for FRH

Post by Button_Jockey » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Hey all, new to forums. New to rations too. Anyways, this weekend while camping I thought of and tried something that worked alright. Sunday morning I ate a sausage patty MRE. I used the FRH to heat the patty and muffin top and dumped them both on a metal mess bowl. I was at a wooden table and it was a little chilly so I dumped the water from the used but still hot FRH and laid it on the table, then I put my metal bowl over it thinking it would help keep things warm as I ate. It seemed to work ok. It was about 55F and the bottom of my bowl was still warm after I'd finished eating. Might not be a new trick, but I hadn't seen it here so thought I'd share it.

housil

Re: Use for FRH

Post by housil » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Thx for sharing and welcome to forums

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Man that's a GREAT idea! I do a lot of cold weather camping and the one thing I hate is by the time I finish my meal my food had gotten cold.

Thanks for sharing! Awesome idea! Will definitely be using this tip.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! Keep the posts coming.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

gschultz9

Post by gschultz9 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:10 pm

That IS a good idea--especially for cold weather. Generally, once you get your food heated to where you want it there might still be some life left in the FRH. Unless you use it as a handwarmer or something that energy/heat will go to waste. And I've frequently been disappointed at how quickly a FRH-heated entree will get cold--after all the work to get it heated up in the first place. What a good way to get the FRH to work for you TWICE!

gundog4314
eBay name: gundog4314

Post by gundog4314 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:09 pm

BlackDogBob wrote:Man that's a GREAT idea! I do a lot of cold weather camping and the one thing I hate is by the time I finish my meal my food had gotten cold.
You need to learn to eat faster! LOL

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:32 pm

gundog4314 wrote:
BlackDogBob wrote:Man that's a GREAT idea! I do a lot of cold weather camping and the one thing I hate is by the time I finish my meal my food had gotten cold.
You need to learn to eat faster! LOL
I tend to sit back and enjoy the food. Unless it's a Canadian IMP. Those things don't stand a chance. Lol
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.