1985 FD Pork Patty W/ MRE Table Syrup

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Re: 1985 FD Pork Patty W/ MRE Table Syrup

Post by Ruleryak » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:58 pm

I got food poisoning eating a monte cristo sandwich at a Bennigan's here in town a few weeks before they closed their doors for good. It was the first I'd ever had, and I've never had one since. Just have a mental block going on preventing me from trying one ever again. A nice croque monsieur is about as close as I get these days.

elandil

Post by elandil » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:28 pm

RockyRaab wrote:The original Monte Cristo was made with French Toast for bread, not deep fried. (Something I learned this week from Andrew Zimmern!) I think the original is a MUCH better option.
weeeelllllllll.....while the french toast version is lighter and interesting on it's own merits...but, being a good southern boy I still follow the old mantra...

"it ain't food til it's fried... " :mrgreen:

Seriously, if you ever get on the North side of Atlanta you have to hit Marietta Diner. They do a Carribean Monte Cristo wrap that is out of this world...it's unreal. It's Turkey, Ham and melted Swiss and Cheddar Cheese wrapped in a Tomato Basil Tortilla, Beer Battered and Deep Fried, served with Pesto Mayonnaise and French Fries, and it's a HUGE portion...I'm a big guy, and I have trouble finishing it. ;)

elandil

Post by elandil » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:33 pm

Ruleryak wrote:I got food poisoning eating a monte cristo sandwich at a Bennigan's here in town a few weeks before they closed their doors for good. It was the first I'd ever had, and I've never had one since. Just have a mental block going on preventing me from trying one ever again. A nice croque monsieur is about as close as I get these days.
I can agree, a nice croque monsieur is a great thing in its own right. Sucks about the food poisioning, I can see how that would turn you off.