MRE Flavor Box, Also new member

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
laughing_man

Re: MRE Flavor Box, Also new member

Post by laughing_man » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:21 am

elandil wrote:Oh man, those things must be awesome....especially the Wasabi salt....:D
Ruleryak wrote:Thanks for the picture! This definitely does seem right up the same alley as EricTheMarine's idea.
Yes :!: A wasabi excites appetite. I think that it's a good idea. :D

dirtbag wrote:My daughter sent me a set of salt shakers, Chipotle (which is smoked Jalapeno's), Jalapenos, Sriracha, Habanero, and Ghost peppers, from Penzy's spice Company.
http://www.Seasalt.com
It's funny, the hotter it gets, the less I use!
I'm interested in that spicy salt. :D I would like to use them for white rice :!:

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:57 pm

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

EricTheMarine
eBay name: Izahealyou

Post by EricTheMarine » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Those look awesome! I don't read or speak a lick of what's on those but I love the look of those. Wasabi salt sounds amazing too :shock:

I have seen combo seasoning shakers recently in camping sections. Problem with those is, they are large, you can run out of one side first, and you can't choose to not bring say, paprika, if you don't want to.

Those don't suffer from that problem and are compact enough for packing up.

steerpike

Post by steerpike » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:42 am

It's a great idea, curry powder...definitely curry powder :)

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:42 am

Welcome to the forums steerpike :mrgreen:

ThisFish

Post by ThisFish » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:21 pm

Cool kit, this is the modern, more comprehensive version of an 18th century soldiers spice kit, here check it out This youtube channel, Jas Townsend and Son, is amazing if you are into reenacting or into history or cooking and just damn entertaining in general.

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:02 pm

Great point ThisFish! Thanks for sharing Jas Townsend's channel here - really cool stuff and I actually just recently found his channel after researching Pemmican because I'd just eaten the oldest recorded Pemmican (43 years old or so?) ever.
I had found Townsend's channel in the process and he is really inspiring - makes me want to go primitive camping!!

I love Eric's MRE Flavor Box - so glad this thread gets bumped every now & again - this has to be one of the coolest MREinfo Tips & Tricks threads ever contributed! :D

Eric is an exceptional fellow too - he follows me on YT and is an awesome supporter - much respect to that guy!