A few tips to add to the book,

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
SierraTangoDelta

A few tips to add to the book,

Post by SierraTangoDelta » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:11 am

Probably one of my favorite tabs here on the forums, figured i'd add a few of my personal favorites.

One of my favorites, the MRE Apple Pie.

-Creamer (The treasure trove that is the Accessory Packet!)
-Sugar (Same with the creamer, usually
- Spiced Apples (I forget the menus these are present in)
-Oatmeal Cookie (Usually pretty easy to find as well.

What you do, is heat up your apples, open the package up longways, and then you take your Oatmeal cookie and you BEAT THE EVER LOVING TASTYNESS OUT OF IT until it's rendered into delicious oatmeal crumbs, and put them into the apples. Last few times I tried this, it was a tad bit... Bitter? a little tart? Eh, kinda. Throw in the Creamer and the sugar to kind of meat the stuff halfway, and eat to your liking!

Beverage Base frosting?

When it's that time of year and you want something a bit different, and you don't wanna bust out the Choco-Bev base or the pudding as some Birthday Poundcake Frosting, why not look to the Almighty Creamer Gods?

Take your Creamer, Sugar, and Bev. Base powder of your choice (Lemon-lime's my favorite for this, when the Lemon poppy poundcakes are around), and a little bit of patience. Open up the Creamer longways/horizontally, slowly add some of the beverage mix into the creamer (taste test it, otherwise depending on the flavor, you'll get quite a sour surprise) and mix with a little bit of water.

Give'em a try!
They may take our lives.... But they will never take,.. OUR NUTCAKE

Man... this Bev. Base tastes soapy.

mreheater72

Re: A few tips to add to the book,

Post by mreheater72 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:06 pm

SierraTangoDelta wrote:...Creamer (The treasure trove that is the Accessory Packet!)...
STD, you are right, the "unprepossessing" CREAMER, that is often just tossed in the trash, can be used in many different ways :!: .
SierraTangoDelta wrote:...One of my favorites, the MRE Apple Pie.

-Creamer (The treasure trove that is the Accessory Packet!)
-Sugar (Same with the creamer, usually
- Spiced Apples (I forget the menus these are present in)
-Oatmeal Cookie (Usually pretty easy to find as well.

What you do, is heat up your apples, open the package up longways, and then you take your Oatmeal cookie and you BEAT THE EVER LOVING TASTYNESS OUT OF IT until it's rendered into delicious oatmeal crumbs, and put them into the apples. Last few times I tried this, it was a tad bit... Bitter? a little tart? Eh, kinda. Throw in the Creamer and the sugar to kind of meat the stuff halfway, and eat to your liking!...
Thank you for that recipe, sounds really good :D , I will try that soon and post some photos here!
"QUIDQUID AGIS PRUDENTER AGAS ET RESPICE FINEM"

mreheater72

Re: A few tips to add to the book,

Post by mreheater72 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:31 pm

SierraTangoDelta, I tried the MRE APPLE PIE today, very fine, thank you for the recipe :D !

I opened a new topic, the MRE APPLE PIE review can be found here :) :

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5324

So long mreheater72
"QUIDQUID AGIS PRUDENTER AGAS ET RESPICE FINEM"