MICROWAVE OVEN AND MRE

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
sag45

MICROWAVE OVEN AND MRE

Post by sag45 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:41 pm

I tried to microwave a MRE today. It didnt seem to heat up. It never even puffed up in which I was expecting when it heated up and was going to punch a small hole to vent out steam while continuing to heat. Well after heating with FRH eating the meal I noticed that the inside has a metal type of coating on it, so I assume that it was reflecting the microwaves back out and even at that I didnt see any sparks inside the oven. What I did notice is maybe that used pouch can be used for something else like heat protection or something like that. Maybe even making a cap of some sort to keep the heat away from your head during the summer with the metal part facing away from you and the green outer side on your head. I will have to make one and try it out, but wear it where no one knows me. Has anyone else every tried a microwave oven with the pouches? I also noticed on the instructions: well there are none for MWO so now I think I know why.
POTTED MEAT! A FAVORITE! Eat too much and you get THE GOUT!

kman
Site Admin

Re: MICROWAVE OVEN AND MRE

Post by kman » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Dude...wow...you put a whole MRE pouch in the microwave? And your house didn't burn down?? As it sounds like you noticed, the inside of that pouch is lined with aluminum foil...and that stuff doesn't react well with microwaves!

The best way to heat an entree with a microwave is to open the pouch, scoop the contents in to a microwave-safe bowl, and then nuke it.

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:32 am

But it is a well recognized procedure to wear the empty pouch on your head, to block the 'Space Rays'..... :mrgreen:
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

housil

Post by housil » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:24 am

dirtbag wrote:But it is a well recognized procedure to wear the empty pouch on your head, to block the 'Space Rays'..... :mrgreen:
IF you will get your whole head into ONE pounch, your head will look like a cheese omlett dish... :D or

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:57 pm

Hey !
How did you get my picture !???
Have you been watching me ??? :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO