Pork Sausage with Gravy

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
janedoedad

Pork Sausage with Gravy

Post by janedoedad » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:32 pm

The Pork Sausage with Gravy entree (2011-2014) is pretty much diner grade sausage gravy. Entree's should not be drinkable.
Pour the pouch over warmed 'Wheat Snack Bread' it and you have pretty good imitation of biscuits and gravy.
The Liver is evil and must be punished!

Tedster

Pork Sausage with Gravy

Post by Tedster » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:05 pm

Tonite made a little experiment with a package of frozen Pepperoni in the freezer. Too lazy to make pizza dough, I surmised first that the MRE Tortilla are pretty tasty when fluffed up in a red hot cast iron. Pepperoni and Tortilla sounds strange, no. What else we got.

Maybe that the MRE snackbread might toast up better in the oven? I tried using a toaster before with mixed results, mostly bad. So I tried a 350° F. oven and a few pepperoni slices on top. Another mess of pepperoni in a small pan. Let it sit in there till the pepperoni looks about right.

It was pretty tasty! Success. The MRE “wheat snack bread” browned up pretty nicely, and a lot of the strange chemical taste was gone. If you get a chance to bake it, try it, much improved. It would taste killer with say, frosting on it, or a dumpling in a savory stew, or homebrew mini-pizza bites.

Smitty

Re: Pork Sausage with Gravy

Post by Smitty » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:22 pm

I've definitely made my fair share of pepperoni wraps haha. Tortilla burgers, tortilla hotdogs, etc. Haven't tried baking the WSB yet though, nice!
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/