Vanilla pound cake bread pudding and Orange glaze lemon pound cake.

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
Robin heum

Vanilla pound cake bread pudding and Orange glaze lemon pound cake.

Post by Robin heum » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:55 pm

Hello so i was bored so i decided to try something new today.
Since i recently got myself alot of pound cakes i decided to change things up a bit:)

So here is the first thing i did. I mixed up a vanilla dairy shake with a small amount of water to make it thick in consistency, then i added it to a bowl then i crumbled the vanilla pound cake in.
After mixing it up and trying it i found it pretty tasty and i would recommend it. Never tried bread pudding before but my guess is that this is pretty close to a Mre counterpart.
Last picture was bad sorry about that but i have already finished it so it's too late:(
IMG_20220613_033355996.jpg
IMG_20220613_033742134.jpg
And now to my Orange glaze lemon pound cake thingy.
This wasn't bad either honestly. The problem i had with it was simply the beverage base i used was too sour, Should have used the Us orange beverage powder instead. Maybe one day i will make another one with a milder beverage powder.
IMG_20220613_033521680.jpg
IMG_20220613_033835336.jpg
This was a fun experiment and a nice change up for those who might be tired of the same stuff over and over again.
Hope you enjoyed:)

Tedster

Vanilla pound cake lemon pound

Post by Tedster » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:14 pm

I recall when we were issued "fresh" MREs in the field, that the poundcakes were amazingly light and tasty. The dairy shakes are good but they are much improved in my view by reconstituting using whole milk versus water. Then crumble a large oatmeal cookie for a little crunch. I'd expect those shortbread or patriotic cookies would be good as well.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: Vanilla pound cake bread pudding and Orange glaze lemon pound cake.

Post by Amelieee1 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:43 pm

Man you used the modern day version of screech! Ouch
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Robin heum

Re: Vanilla pound cake lemon pound

Post by Robin heum » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:41 am

Tedster wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:14 pm
I recall when we were issued "fresh" MREs in the field, that the poundcakes were amazingly light and tasty. The dairy shakes are good but they are much improved in my view by reconstituting using whole milk versus water. Then crumble a large oatmeal cookie for a little crunch. I'd expect those shortbread or patriotic cookies would be good as well.
I currently have alot of pound cakes so i decided to experiment a little. Maybe next i will take a Cocoa powder, Mix it with a little hot water to make a paste like thing to spread on a Vanilla pound cake 🤔 But that you said honestly sound really good and i might try it, just need a Oatmeal cookie first:)

I am curious on other things you could mix like this and wish there was a thread for "Ideas" like this. I remember once mixing my freeze dried fruit with a beverage base mixed with how water.
It became a really tasty fruit soup looking thing.

Robin heum

Post by Robin heum » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:43 am

Amelieee1 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:43 pm
Guess Screech is the older Orange beverage base in UK rations?
That thing is really strong in taste just like the Lemon one so i probaly chose the worst possible one I guess😆

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:40 am

Robin heum wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:43 am
Amelieee1 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:43 pm
Guess Screech is the older Orange beverage base in UK rations?
That thing is really strong in taste just like the Lemon one so i probaly chose the worst possible one I guess😆
Screech is the old lemon bev base
Orange screench is the old orange bev base
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Tedster

Vanilla pound cake

Post by Tedster » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:18 pm

I'd expect the combination knife-sharpener Oatmeal bar would be excellent in the Vanilla pudding.

I've been meaning to start a thread on "Combinations" because there is quite a range of components available now across many years of production. So you can pair items that weren't possible. I've a lot of single entrees and sides that I mix & match when I'm feeling hungry and don't want to dirty any dishes. Calorie counting is a thing with me, and it's easy to do with small snack like portions.

Usually anything that purports to contain cheese is markedly improved with more cheese, even the much maligned Velveeta is a welcome addition. Many of the vegetable-arian meatless entrees are pretty good with a big ole hunk or two of pork or beef patty. The rice of course fills out many of the others. A "sleeper" is the Refried beans - especially the ones using Bacon or Lard. The smoky flavor is excellent paired with corn chips.

NATICK should just recognize current trends in Gen Z cuisine and just issue Doritos & Mt. Dew