cheese omelet improvement.

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
bishopmarine

cheese omelet improvement.

Post by bishopmarine » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:57 pm

i recently got screwed on an ebay purchase. i recieved the item but it was definitely not real military mre's as described. it was six cases of mre's from mrefoods. it was not mrefoods.com that screwed me so please dont think so. it was someone who sold their item as military mre's. so i found myself with about 30 cheese and vegetable omelets from the cases that i recieved. trying to make lemonade out of lemons here. so i took one and fried it in a skillet with some butter. took a spatula while was cooking and chopped up into small pieces. actually comes out pretty good. so know i dont feel so bad about getting worked over.
Last edited by bishopmarine on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:55 pm

That sucks about the MREs, bishopmarine. Care to share the eBay seller's name and the auction number so we can let him know how we all feel about him ripping you off.

Did you complain/file a complaint with eBay?

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 pm

sellers name is daniel lehr the item number is 250152108723 the dude told me it was a mix up on his part and that he would ship the correct item. of course this was bs. i challenged it thru paypal. they said if i would ship it back he would refund my money minus shipping. were talking six cases so of course im not shipping them back. the ones i got are not bad, they are current production. they were just misreprasented to me and that upset me. plus in six cases i only got four menus. live and learn i guess.
"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:32 pm

Did you really pay the full $395 for all six cases? If so, wow - the guy really ripped you off. I mean, that's an ok price for real MREs but not such a great price for civilian MREs - he just lied his ass off on that auction - sounds like nothing he said was true.

And the best part is that he's no longer showing up as a registered user on eBay.

I suppose it's like you said...live and learn. Maybe when you're talking about this many cases of MREs, it'd be a good idea to get the guy to take another picture of the MREs and send it to you - but tell him to put a book or a fork or something on top of the cases so you know he actually has them and that's what you're actually getting.

You just have to be careful with those low-feedback eBay sellers.

Hopefully the guy's name will get picked up when google indexes these forums and anyone else who searches for his name will find out what a scumbag he really is.

BigMark

Post by BigMark » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:24 pm

:shock: :shock: Ouch, I'm sure you know now, but shipping on a case should be $15-$20, and you shouldn't pay more than $40 for a case. If a crazy hurricane hits again, it'll go up to $60, but still.. plus that should have cost you like $40 to ship back, it certainly wouldn't have cost $180. That being said I know I have a post on here about the first time I bought MREs and got ripped off by scyros, I think he runs one of the MRE websites now.. I see his name somewhere occasionally.. I got 24 entrees in a bag with the same exact accessory packet and "side" (fig newton bar) in each one. :evil: I still have most of them, the one good thing was that 90% of them were current, some were from HDRs though, I should check the date on those.

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:46 pm

yeah i admit it was stupid looking back. there was a lot of communication with the seller before i bid. he told me he was going to join the marines and was going to basic soon. asked me lots of questions about the marines. i wish i still had the messages to post on here but they are gone now. in my final message after i found out i wasnt getting my money back. i sent him a message that basically said. i pray to god you dont join the marines. marines are honest and moral people and you obviously are neither. i was really pissed but i have good faith so i didnt go to far out of line. in another post by me you can see about the four free cases i got. karma.

C-rats

Post by C-rats » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:42 pm

Somehow this thread slipped under my radar and I just noticed it. This really sucks `bishop. Sorry it happened (and to any of us for that matter). I was horrified to read that out of 6 cases you only got 4 different menus? I think I'd even get tired of that much spaghetti! :x

Would you mind telling us which 4 menues you got?

`rats
Everything tastes better with Tabasco

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:04 pm

cheese omelet. chili mac. beef stew. and the sausage and rice i forget the exact title.

PanzerDivision666

Post by PanzerDivision666 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:22 pm

i found the best way to enjoy my cheese and veggie omelet was to heat the cheese packet up and mix it in my hashbrowns. Oh man it's the bomb!!!!!!

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:57 am

i will try that i have an unopened omelet at home i will post back and let you know.