Simple Strategy to Save Some Money on Your MRE Purchases

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
EasyMre

Simple Strategy to Save Some Money on Your MRE Purchases

Post by EasyMre » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:08 am

I like to save money where I can. Who doesn't?

Whenever you are about to check-out using an online form, there is often a "discount code" section. This is where you place promotional codes to reduce the price. These are often given out during holiday or special promotional events by the online store or manufacturer.

However, most normal people don't really have time to keep track of all those promotional events out there. You can do some basic research and find these codes online by using the google phrase, "Store Name + Discount Code."

For instance, I just purchased a case of AmeriQual Apack MREs from the Ready Store. Before I did so, I googled, "Ready Store Discount Codes"

Sure enough, I was able to find a code for $10 off the purchase that I wouldn't have known about normally had I not looked. Not a ton of money but hey it's something! Often times, these codes go unnoticed but online sellers are frequently offering up discount codes for a variety of specials.

There are websites that aggregate discount codes to one location and we can benefit from them. I would say it's an experimental process because these aggregate websites also have codes that are expired. It's trial and error. You win some you lose some.

Hope that helps folks out a little :D

This is what it looked like.

Note: I'm not promoting AmeriQual or Ready Store. I've never purchased from either before. In general, I prefer to order directly from the manufacturer as that seems to be the most cost effective option. However, AmeriQual's website isn't very intuitive and I couldn't find their online shop. Therefore, I opted buy from Ready Store and the case of 12 (including FRH) was only $89 with the discount code and shipping included. Not too shabby of a deal!
Read my blog Subscribe to Steve1989mreinfo
  • My favorite MRE YouTuber.
  • "Let's get this on a tray. Nice!"

Treesuit

Re: Simple Strategy to Save Some Money on Your MRE Purchases

Post by Treesuit » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:30 am

I'm curious if this will work with online stores that sell MRE items (single or bulk)? I have one on line store near me and I would like to try it out. Thanks for this tip.

Sailswish

Post by Sailswish » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:49 am

I used a 10% off promo code yesterday at MREDepot. They've got "in the US" French RCIR.
Installed the Honey app and that works on major retailers.

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:04 pm

Here's a simple strategy. If you are a disabled Vet with a rating, go to closest US Military base Commissary, and buy case of MRE's. Then take the rec't to the VA and they re-imburse you for cost. They(MRE's) are hella expensive($10.15 per meal) to purchase, plus 5% surcharge at Commissary, you pay what the Gov't pays, but you get re-imbursed. IF, the biggest word in English language, you are a disabled Vet with a Rating from VA. True Story. :!:
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

Wolfsbane

Post by Wolfsbane » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:12 pm

Wow Dave, that's a deal.

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:25 pm

Dave,

I have to ask, how does that work with the VA? Does the VA look at your disability rating for a reimbursement? I'm sure I might not be the only one here who is a vet who would like to now?

Dekard

Post by Dekard » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:08 pm

DangerousDave wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:04 pm
Here's a simple strategy. If you are a disabled Vet with a rating, go to closest US Military base Commissary, and buy case of MRE's. Then take the rec't to the VA and they re-imburse you for cost. They(MRE's) are hella expensive($10.15 per meal) to purchase, plus 5% surcharge at Commissary, you pay what the Gov't pays, but you get re-imbursed. IF, the biggest word in English language, you are a disabled Vet with a Rating from VA. True Story. :!:
has anyone on this board done this and gotten reimbursed?