Apple Cider

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
DIRTYDAVE

Apple Cider

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:45 pm

I tend to enjoy the apple cider with cold water or room temp water instead of the recommended hot water the package calls for. Try it cold, it is a refreshing and tasty drink!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:06 pm

Thanks for the tip, DirtyDave. I happen to have a couple of packets of that stuff. I was going to drink it today during lunch but then I saw it said to pour in hot water so I just put it away. But I'll go grab it now and give it a try with cold water!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:29 am

How was the cold cider kman?

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:37 am

I thought it was ok - maybe a little more like apple cider flavored kool-aid - but that might have been because I put a little extra water in it. Next time, I think I'll try it hot and see if it's any better.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:38 pm

Yes, that is the trick with the bev base power and the apple cider and other powdered drinks, and that is to make sure you put less water in than more...LESS IS MORE. When I put in the proper measurement of water (I actually use a measuring cup to do it) all of the drinks taste delicious! Or since in the real military field since you won't have a measuring cup, just pour enough water in to get a deep dark color and add more water to adjust to taste. It is always easier to add more water than to take it away, which is actually downright impossible, well I am sure some laboratory person could do it, but for our sake impossible. In this age of BIG GULPS and SUPERSIZED drinks and pre-mixed drinks, it is a bit hard to just wing how much water you should put in to make the drink pleasing to the taste and also we really aren't that use to having to make these kind of drinks anyway!

Hell Devil

Post by Hell Devil » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:36 am

I'm with you Dirty Dave. I measure out everything when I'm at home. That way everything tastes right. I think the apple cider is gross if you don't drink it hot.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:56 am

Hell Devil wrote:I'm with you Dirty Dave. I measure out everything when I'm at home. That way everything tastes right. I think the apple cider is gross if you don't drink it hot.
Hmmm, I guess I am strange...I think the apple cider tastes great cold! I don't really see myself drinking it hot...I don't know why. But then again I always enjoyed cold french fries and all of my hot less than lukewarm...just how I am I suppose...WEIRD I AM. :P