Am I on a list? Been raided my last 3 purchases.

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
JohnBigsby

Am I on a list? Been raided my last 3 purchases.

Post by JohnBigsby » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:42 pm

I'm not sure if this will be a help thread or more of a venting thread. I'm fairly new to this hobby but I love it and my kids seem to enjoy sampling things as well, however, my last 3 orders from MRE mountain have all been raided by Customs. I know there's no *REAL* way to avoid this, but I'm curious if anyone has any tips or tricks to share, or if anyone has ever taken on Customs and won, maybe being able to recoup some of the costs? I have stuck to MRE mountain almost exclusively because I HAD been having very good luck, and now that I'm having issues, they are being as understanding as they can be by offering store credit for missing items, but if everything I buy from them is going to get raided, it's kind of pointless to continue with this hobby.

housil

Re: Am I on a list? Been raided my last 3 purchases.

Post by housil » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:21 pm

I saw a TV show about airport customs, each agent has to check ~3000 parcel a day/per shift. That one particular agent they showed, recognized the address on the parcel and said that guy got shipments before from the same address (sender) so they checked it carefully and opened it....

I don´t know if this is what has happened to you too, but maybe you or the sender are?

bart

Post by bart » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:31 am

JohnBigsby wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:42 pm
I'm not sure if this will be a help thread or more of a venting thread. I'm fairly new to this hobby but I love it and my kids seem to enjoy sampling things as well, however, my last 3 orders from MRE mountain have all been raided by Customs. I know there's no *REAL* way to avoid this, but I'm curious if anyone has any tips or tricks to share, or if anyone has ever taken on Customs and won, maybe being able to recoup some of the costs? I have stuck to MRE mountain almost exclusively because I HAD been having very good luck, and now that I'm having issues, they are being as understanding as they can be by offering store credit for missing items, but if everything I buy from them is going to get raided, it's kind of pointless to continue with this hobby.
Use a different address & name for delivery

Customs also use identifiers such as email address & phone number - use different details or be a little 'smart' about how you type them in to try and get past any automatic flags by the system

Don't forget this works both ways - customs can also black list a sender & will always stop their packages

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:27 pm

JohnBigsby wrote:
As they said, use a different phone number, address and email and maybe have it sent to a friends house if they don't live in the same town.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:32 pm

bart wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:31 am
JohnBigsby wrote:
Use a different address & name for delivery

Customs also use identifiers such as email address & phone number - use different details or be a little 'smart' about how you type them in to try and get past any automatic flags by the system

Don't forget this works both ways - customs can also black list a sender & will always stop their packages
In the days of x-ray technology that airport security uses, it surprises me that they don't use that technology.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

archapma-0
eBay name: archapma-0

Post by archapma-0 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:56 pm

An agent from the USDA came to our home. They informed us that we would be fined up to $10,000.00 per ration. We made a video on it.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:26 am

archapma-0 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:56 pm
An agent from the USDA came to our home. They informed us that we would be fined up to $10,000.00 per ration. We made a video on it.

When did they show up ?