British ORPs tips?

Post your favorite tips, tricks, recipes.
sdrozza

British ORPs tips?

Post by sdrozza » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:43 am

Menu 19 it is for me. Anyone got any tips on this menu in particular or just general tips for ORPs?
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

Garron
eBay name: Bigg1989

Re: British ORPs tips?

Post by Garron » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Menu numbers don't meal much anymore mate, they change every 3-6 months, unless you have the contents sheet from the case you wont know whats in there until you open it. We've had guys on here with cases packed 3 months apart and none of the meals are the same, I've had ones my mate serving in the Army hasnt even heard of and vice versa.

sdrozza

Post by sdrozza » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:22 pm

oh okay. got any tips in general?
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:19 pm

I can't offer any tips, but I can say that British ORPs I've had have been outstanding. They give you good quantity, good quality, and the beverages are especially good. I guess the only tip is just remember that they don't include any way of heating the components (flame-less ration heater, etc.), so if you want a hot meal, be sure to pack accordingly.

As Garron mentioned already, the menu contents do fluctuate frequently, which is why they include a contents list in each case. I have yet to be disappointed by an ORP though, so even if they change things up, the end result is still pretty darn good. Hope you're happy with it! :)

wats6831
eBay name: MREmountain

Post by wats6831 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 pm

The ORP snacks change quarterly for sure. Most of the entrees SORT OF stay static for some things anyway.

wats6831

Post by wats6831 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:26 pm

I have new 10/2016 date of packing menus. Quite a few of the menus have changed and most of the snacks have changed. Let me know if anyone needs it.

Kris-42

Post by Kris-42 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:44 am

Hi - could I please have a copy of this list?

currahee

Post by currahee » Tue May 16, 2017 7:49 am

Guys, in some ORPs I noticed an acidic (like vinegar) smell after opening the box. In one of them I also found a few drops of this acidic liquid on the silver drink pack. It was not from any damaged item, all was sealed good, including the package itself. Is it some kind of "anti-vermin" protection?

wats6831

Post by wats6831 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:21 am

currahee wrote:Guys, in some ORPs I noticed an acidic (like vinegar) smell after opening the box. In one of them I also found a few drops of this acidic liquid on the silver drink pack. It was not from any damaged item, all was sealed good, including the package itself. Is it some kind of "anti-vermin" protection?
I don't know. I noticed the same thing on some from May 2016. But this newest batch does not have that smell. It was almost like a fish smell but every ration was perfect. I figured it may be anti-vermin treatment to the cardboard boxes, or they took on an odor from where they were stored.

The corrugations in cardboard can harbor cockroaches...... :shock: THat's why I always get rid of any boxes that come from warmer climates.

currahee

Post by currahee » Tue May 16, 2017 9:12 am

All of mine (8 pcs) have PD 5/2016 and most of them if not all have this weird vinegar smell although not strong. But nothing else is wrong with them. The few drops of this smelly liquid on some items would suggest that it is a anti-vermin treatment, but who knows...

A few Asian Style Cockroaches would be definitely an interesting protein addition to the ration! :mrgreen: