French rations, price

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Cortexmelon

Re: French rations, price

Post by Cortexmelon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:24 pm

Honestabepoet wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:02 am
Ok, so I have a tracking number for one order so far and it says it's been dispatched from the sorting center. This might be real :) I'll have to wait for the package to come in and see if it's what I ordered.
I also got a tracking number, I'm curious to see whats actually in this package lol.

Sailswish

Post by Sailswish » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:15 pm

You guys better give a full report ASAP, legit or not. As the guy said to Dirty Harry, "I gotz ta know".

Mackeson

Post by Mackeson » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi chaps,

Look at this - even cheaper (around $7-8) and a different seller.

Identical ripped-off images and from China.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MRE-RCIR-Fre ... 2599667474

Mack

vespa

Post by vespa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:55 pm

"zi gong shi"

Sounds about right, if you say it slowly.

It feels a bit dodgy to me, I could be wrong, I personally wouldn't touch it, a lot of dodgy and sub standard stuff comes out of China, they seem to do a lot of cloning main brand copies with a slight change of name and logos.

I personally had experience of Chinese scams in Beijing, they seem to do it everywhere, tea or coffee shops or art galleries, usually young pretty girls in pairs where they speak to.you in English and try to persuade you to buy them a coffee or tea only to be thumped with a massively inflated bill or pressured to buy dodgy art work.

Fortunately I knew all about it in advance and avoided the scams with some choice Mandarin thrown in but it left me with a bad impression of the country, I avoid buying anything from there if I can.

housil

Post by housil » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:49 am

vespa wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:55 pm
(...) I avoid buying anything from there if I can.
Same over here. too much fraud and copy

Honestabepoet

Post by Honestabepoet » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:41 pm

Small update:

My packages have been processed and shipped now. It's coming EMS, so I'm expecting it in 1-2 weeks. Also, there have been a couple positive feedbacks about the rations that people got recently. They didn't say anything more than, "A+!" And "very well". At least it's something of a slight confirmation? More to come!
-Jeremy

On a quest to try every MRE in the world!

vespa

Post by vespa » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:46 pm

Fingers crossed for you mate. Post pictures up ! :)

Honestabepoet

Post by Honestabepoet » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:50 am

Ok, it's been a while, so here's a small update on my front:

Good news: Both packages are on the way and at least one made it to the United States.

Bad news: One of the packages was sent to the wrong address. Bummer. So that one is effectively lost.

Other good news: I contacted the seller about the wrong addressed package and they responded to me! They apologized about the incorrect address and decided to ship me a replacement to the right address. They also contacted the last known place of the second package, to have them reroute it to my address. Really nice seller, I'm glad they didn't leave me high and dry. Could this also mean this isn't a scam?

@Cortexmelon, Have you any updates about your order? You ordered the same time as me, so you might be getting a package soon :)
-Jeremy

On a quest to try every MRE in the world!

Cortexmelon

Post by Cortexmelon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:32 am

Honestabepoet wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:50 am
Ok, it's been a while, so here's a small update on my front:

Good news: Both packages are on the way and at least one made it to the United States.

Bad news: One of the packages was sent to the wrong address. Bummer. So that one is effectively lost.

Other good news: I contacted the seller about the wrong addressed package and they responded to me! They apologized about the incorrect address and decided to ship me a replacement to the right address. They also contacted the last known place of the second package, to have them reroute it to my address. Really nice seller, I'm glad they didn't leave me high and dry. Could this also mean this isn't a scam?

@Cortexmelon, Have you any updates about your order? You ordered the same time as me, so you might be getting a package soon :)
As of now, it left from San Jose, CA a day or so ago, arrived at Bose, ID distribution center, and is now on the way to hopefully here lol. The description lists it as "small packet", which is making me leaning more towards this being BS, but I'll curb my judgment for now.

Cortexmelon

Post by Cortexmelon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:13 am

To an update, it's being delivered in Nampa, Idaho today. I live in Columbus, Ohio.

So there you have it, it's a wrong address delivery scam lol.