French rations, price

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Honestabepoet

Re: French rations, price

Post by Honestabepoet » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Cortexmelon wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:13 am
To an update, it's being delivered in Nampa, Idaho today. I live in Columbus, Ohio.

So there you have it, it's a wrong address delivery scam lol.
Aw man, this stinks. I have a second package that just got processed through L.A., so we'll see if it comes to the east coast or not. Time to get our money back! Lol
-Jeremy

On a quest to try every MRE in the world!

rareauldmealtimes

Post by rareauldmealtimes » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:49 pm

Dang. I was wondering. Sorry you guys had to go through that.

I bought a type 09 ration from a seller in china. Will let you know how that one goes... haha! Price wasn't too much of cut from US based sellers so hoping for the best!

Cortexmelon

Post by Cortexmelon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:23 pm

It's a lesson I already knew, but I ignored haha:

If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

vespa

Post by vespa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:30 am

Anything from China should have "Caveat Emptor" warning all over it in big red letters.

I brought all my foreign rations from Europe and 2 from Russia which came though albeit a long time as the Russian Post is in no rush.

Never from China.

Mackeson

Post by Mackeson » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:53 am

I guess the cat is already out of the bag with this :cry:

However, just to mention that the Ebay UK seller I mentioned earlier (from China, different name, same advert and even lower price) is 'no longer a registered Ebay seller'.
That seller had about 50 sold last time I looked.

Mack.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:29 pm

I reported that one. Wonder if it had the desired effect?

There are now two more adds that I found. Same photos. The description text is now different, but one of them started off with: "HI, CAN U PLEASE RECONFIRM WHAT ARE THE ITEMS ALONG WITH THIS PACK?" making me wonder if the sellers are also being scammed. "Sell these rations on your page, we have 100, we'll take care of the shipping". Easier than hacking accounts and posting on there, and could explain why some of these accounts sell weird stuff.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Sailswish

Post by Sailswish » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Yesterday was the last day of the delivery window for an RCIR from lbob_trust-ernest on Ebay. It was $35US, shipped. Emailed and open a dispute with Ebay and received a full refund today. I'm only buying from a previous Lithuanian seller, Delicious, ForeignMRE or MRENation from now on.

vespa

Post by vespa » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:46 am

Sorry it didn't turn out as well as hoped, I would have loved to see the pics.

At least with the help of this forum we can all learn from each other about the good, the bad and the crap ones.

mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Post by mikeoverhere » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:14 am

I recently tried to purchase 10 French RCIR's from a Chinese seller that was a total scam. It was pretty obvious when his auction page was a straight copy of another seller currently selling the rations. At $9.99, free shipping, and $2 off if more than one is ordered - yeah sure, I took a chance as I was well protected through the way I paid for it, as well as eBay. I told the seller I didn't get the $2 discount price, they said to "wait". Then the tracking numbers the buyers were given were also stolen from somewhere else. eBay resolved the case, refunded my money, and shut the seller down.

Seller: zuozuowang(47)

It says delivered but one problem, I live in AK, not NJ
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 1.12.02 AM.png
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"