russian irp

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
fadclout

russian irp

Post by fadclout » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Okay so i have all the meals from a Russian IRP but i dont have the stove or any other stove for these things how should i heat them up

Dvalin

Re: russian irp

Post by Dvalin » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:35 pm

You can put them in boiling water, but it takes a long time to really get hot. I'd just open them and cook them in a pan.

TechManDan
eBay name: Av1979

Post by TechManDan » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:49 pm

I usually boil them for about 10 minutes. Be careful as the juices will spray out when you open them, I have a few shirts stained from the oil that way...

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:14 am

I usually cook them on one of the burners on my stove/range
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

fadclout

Post by fadclout » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:46 am

yeah i think i will try to boil one of them and put one in a pan and see what works best

RGoodellSr
eBay name: Goodell911

Post by RGoodellSr » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:14 pm

I set the opened foil trays right on the burner of my gas stove on low flame, and I save the stove/fuel tabs if the ration came with one for later use when away from home (just like the FRH's.)
Please visit Rick & Aedyn on YouTube: MRE Goodell

mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Post by mikeoverhere » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:44 pm

TechManDan wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:49 pm
I usually boil them for about 10 minutes. Be careful as the juices will spray out when you open them, I have a few shirts stained from the oil that way...
Not only be careful but be sure to turn the edges up to keep it contained. I'm pretty good at opening those metal pouches but some people just cut them open. Most rations are good after boiling for 7-10 minutes. If you use direct heat be sure to break it up before heating and stirring on occasion when you do to prevent burn. The meat only mains are pretty fatty, which I love. Some pour some of this liquid onto other Russian mains for flavor and moisture. I like to heat the sausage meat main (not the pate). The tomato sauce does not taste like ketchup, more like a BBQ, very flavorful.
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"