Vegetarian options for International MREs? Tips for this fella is appreciated!

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
WorkmanMRE

Vegetarian options for International MREs? Tips for this fella is appreciated!

Post by WorkmanMRE » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:48 am

Hello Fellow MRE Hounds!
I am starting a youtube channel with my children reviewing Vegetarian MREs. We are looking to expand and look for international vegetarian MREs. I would love any tips or suggestions...thanks and Cheers!

BTW great community here, Love the forum!

Ben W.
WorkmanMRE

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
-----------------------------------------------------------

LaSwede
eBay name: LaGaurdian

Re: Vegetarian options for International MREs? Tips for this fella is appreciated!

Post by LaSwede » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:04 am

Nice to hear workman! What's the name of the channel?

The British have 10 different 24 hour ration menus that are vegetarian. Menu names are V1 thorugh V10, haven't tried them yet though so would like to view a Review on it :)

The swedes have a few 24 hour ration menus that are also vegetarian, tried the spicy bean pasta and regular bean pasta and they tasted good! Not top notch but not bad either :)
Have access to several different Swedish rations.

Looking for:
Italian, Canadian, Spanish, Japanese and any from south america.

WorkmanMRE

Re: Vegetarian options for International MREs? Tips for this fella is appreciated!

Post by WorkmanMRE » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks so much, I haven't heard that yet! I'm so on it i need to do a review on all ten$!!! This is a must! Thanks for the reply LaSweed!
Cheers!

Btw the channel is called "Animal free MRE"
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:31 pm

La Sweed,
The Channel is "Animal Free MRE", But SOME DAY,
I would like to make my own line of MREs for Dietary restrictions (Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten/Nut allergy's) and also children MREs AKA "Happy Meals" in mind! Instead of a toy it would be an activity survival book series to collect or heirloom seeds to collect.
Hence- "Workman MRE". I thought using it as my user name might get the word around a bit more!

Cheers!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

LaSwede

Post by LaSwede » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:11 pm

I really lile the idea of a kids friendly meal! A way to make an excursion into the bush more special, and in cases of emergency a way for the kids to take their minds of what it happening around them :) I can feel as a father of one three year old and a one year old with quite a picky taste. That a kids designed meal would have a lot bigger chance of getting accepted than a mre or bush made food :)

Found a menu list for the british vegetarian 24 hour rations, 2016 edition. Might give you some idea of what they contain :)
Attachments
Screenshot_20171108-035245.png

Looking for:

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:17 am

LaSwede wrote:I really lile the idea of a kids friendly meal! A way to make an excursion into the bush more special, and in cases of emergency a way for the kids to take their minds of what it happening around them :) I can feel as a father of one three year old and a one year old with quite a picky taste. That a kids designed meal would have a lot bigger chance of getting accepted than a mre or bush made food :)

Found a menu list for the british vegetarian 24 hour rations, 2016 edition. Might give you some idea of what they contain :)

Agreed Laswede, I think it is an untapped market to parents who love there children...I Was floored after purchasing hundreds of dollars worth of MREs just to find out my kids wont eat but 10% of them. I ended up still cooking for them, which defeats the purpose of an MRE, If im cooking for them might as well cook fresh for myself also. (If available in an emergency situation.)

This is a Passion of mine to make this a reality. Not just for profit but for personal peace of mind.

The list you sent was AWESOME! Im going to try to eat each one! Hopefully My girls can try them with me also. I have a good list of Kid friendly dishes and snacks to start a 10 menu course to start!!

Thanks for the Support and the help on the hunt!

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with, You have earned a "WorkmanMRE favor"! Good to use or redeem anytime!
I am a graphic designer and an illustrator, Maybe I can help you with a design in thanks!
Thanks Again!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

LaSwede

Post by LaSwede » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:19 pm

WorkmanMRE wrote:
LaSwede wrote:I really lile the idea of a kids friendly meal! A way to make an excursion into the bush more special, and in cases of emergency a way for the kids to take their minds of what it happening around them :) I can feel as a father of one three year old and a one year old with quite a picky taste. That a kids designed meal would have a lot bigger chance of getting accepted than a mre or bush made food :)

Agreed Laswede, I think it is an untapped market to parents who love there children...I Was floored after purchasing hundreds of dollars worth of MREs just to find out my kids wont eat but 10% of them. I ended up still cooking for them, which defeats the purpose of an MRE, If im cooking for them might as well cook fresh for myself also. (If available in an emergency situation.)

This is a Passion of mine to make this a reality. Not just for profit but for personal peace of mind.

The list you sent was AWESOME! Im going to try to eat each one! Hopefully My girls can try them with me also. I have a good list of Kid friendly dishes and snacks to start a 10 menu course to start!!

Thanks for the Support and the help on the hunt!

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with, You have earned a "WorkmanMRE favor"! Good to use or redeem anytime!
I am a graphic designer and an illustrator, Maybe I can help you with a design in thanks!
Thanks Again!
Your welcome workman! :)Just drop me a PM if there is anything special you need help with, and I'll do what I can!

Thank you!! I will hold that voucher dear ;) Never know if I'm gonna start a company selling rations/outdoor supply or a youtube channel and thus in need of a logo :)

Looking for:

LaSwede

Post by LaSwede » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Found a swedish 4 course vegan menu. Looks good but my thought is if 4 packs of peanuts is too much? Seems as a lack of vegan substitutes?
Attachments
Screenshot_20171109-202023.png

Looking for:

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:15 pm

WorkmanMRE wrote: I am starting a youtube channel with my children reviewing Vegetarian MREs. We are looking to expand and look for international vegetarian MREs. I would love any tips or suggestions...thanks and Cheers!
United Nations Combat Ration Pack you have them western, halal, hindu and vegetarian, I think 3 menues each.

NEW: Israeli Army have vegan menues since begining of 2017. http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news/pol ... ions-27656

Australian CR1M have vegetarian menues. Cadet Ration Pack also have menues that could interest you like this one http://mrezone.com/index.php/store/inte ... P95V30S911

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

LaSwede wrote:Found a swedish 4 course vegan menu. Looks good but my thought is if 4 packs of peanuts is too much? Seems as a lack of vegan substitutes?
AWESOME! I need to get one of those! Your the man, Now I owe you x2!! HAHA
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE