British WWII Reproduction Ration

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
kman
Site Admin

British WWII Reproduction Ration

Post by kman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:57 pm

Rational sent me these pics to post from a new British WWII Reproduction ration. Here's what he had to say about the ration:
I just received this new product from a new ebay seller in England who goes by "britkit06". They are affiliated with a British paratrooper living history group.

Anyway, this 24-hour ration kit looks the most like the real thing, as I recall from photos (rare) I have seen of D-Day examples, at least. The 3 chocolate "slabs" as the Brits call them, and the 2 "biscuit" packs etc. look like great copies of what I remember in photos. The boxes are about the same size as the ones more often available from ebay seller "reprorations" here in Oregon, but I think these kits are more realistic. And their emergency ration tins (cool, and very handy) are the correct size.
Image Image Image Image

Stef

Post by Stef » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:54 am

Hi,
is the food in the boxes edible or is it juste a dummy ration?
In principio erat spamum

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:13 am

We'll have to wait for Rational to reply to be sure, but from what I saw, it looks like the food is supposed to be edible.

Stef

Post by Stef » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:29 am

OK, thanks kman.
Anyway it seems that the stomach capacity of the British soldier have slightly increased during the last 60 years :wink:
In principio erat spamum

Lifesaver

Post by Lifesaver » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:47 pm

There is mention of an emergency ration tin. However, I do not see one in the photos. Is that part of this meal, or a seperate item?
"That others might live."