Difference between Russian 24h Army and Emercom IRP?

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
[ex-Member1]

Re: Difference between Russian 24h Army and Emercom IRP?

Post by [ex-Member1] » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:41 am

But thats comparison of Army and MVD ration. I understand you made wrong topic subject asking about Army, but indeed you where interested in comparison of MVD and EMERCOM ration. (P.S. I see you edited your post while I was typing this so nevermind)
Synthpeter wrote:Yeah that's what I meant. When I check the weight on the two plastic ones; army green camo and blue, the weight is identical, which further leads me to believe they're exactly the same but only different wrapping, heh. :)
The one with the paper carry box has different weight (lighter or heavier, depending on where I look :? ) for some reason so I guess that one's different from the other two, content wise (I don't think the box itself changes the weight that much).
My main question was regarding the two 24h IRPs in plastic bags.
That's what you said before. Well, in any case MVD (camo plastic bag) and EMERCOM (blue plastic bag) are not the same in contents so keep that in mind when purchasing/trading etc.

By the way
MVD: Ministry of Internal Affairs: Police, Traffic Police, Federal Drug Control Service, Federal Migration Service...
EMERCOM: Emergency Control Ministry: Firefighting Service, Prisons Service, Civil Defence, Search and rescue...

Synthpeter

Post by Synthpeter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:51 am

Asger wrote:But thats comparison of Army and MVD ration. I understand you made wrong topic subject asking about Army, but indeed you where interested in comparison of MVD and EMERCOM ration. (P.S. I see you edited your post while I was typing this so nevermind)
Synthpeter wrote:Yeah that's what I meant. When I check the weight on the two plastic ones; army green camo and blue, the weight is identical, which further leads me to believe they're exactly the same but only different wrapping, heh. :)
The one with the paper carry box has different weight (lighter or heavier, depending on where I look :? ) for some reason so I guess that one's different from the other two, content wise (I don't think the box itself changes the weight that much).
My main question was regarding the two 24h IRPs in plastic bags.
That's what you said before. Well, in any case MVD (camo plastic bag) and EMERCOM (blue plastic bag) are not the same in contents so keep that in mind when purchasing/trading etc.

By the way
MVD: Ministry of Internal Affairs: Police, Traffic Police, Federal Drug Control Service, Federal Migration Service...
EMERCOM: Emergency Control Ministry: Firefighting Service, Prisons Service, Civil Defence, Search and rescue...
Yeah, sorry about the confusion. I don't know what to call them and all the random ambiguous names I find on the net don't help much either...
OK so MVD is not Army, that clears one thing up at least :) Which one are you calling FSB? I made a new thread regarding the confusion...

Back on thread topic: You're still saying there's a difference between the Emercom and MVD ration? Reading through the thread again, I never understood what is was.

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:08 am

Synthpeter wrote:Yeah, sorry about the confusion. I don't know what to call them and all the random ambiguous names I find on the net don't help much either...
OK so MVD is not Army, that clears one thing up at least :) Which one are you calling FSB? I made a new thread regarding the confusion...

Back on thread topic: You're still saying there's a difference between the Emercom and MVD ration? Reading through the thread again, I never understood what is was.
Yes there is a difference, I may be wrong in some details since I'm not an expert about this, but here's what I know (or think I know) comparing two menues I've seen

EMERCOM: white cheap spoons, chocolate (no fruit bar), two packs of coffee, two packs of fruit drink, 3 wet napkins, luncheon meat (no pate), two kinds of crackers

MVD: multivitamin tablet, active charchoal tablets, green better quality spoons, one pack of coffee, one pack of fruit drink, one pack of powdered milk, fruitbar (no chocolate), pate (no luncheon meat), same kind of crackers, 3x wet napkins but 2 on each pack one for cleaning your spoon/plate etc other for you

FSB is this kind of ration aka Spetznaz of mountain units ration. Russians call it frog, there are variations from canned to freeze dried food.
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/45886/45 ... 41433_orig

Synthpeter

Post by Synthpeter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:18 am

Aha, got it. Thanks :)

Drew78

Post by Drew78 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Asger wrote:
Drew78 wrote:I believe you get an extra pate and extra jam and some chocolate and maybe one other small tin btwn the w.7kg and the 2.1/2.2kg ones ..
What rations are you comparing?
Sorry for not being clear..I was talking about the box with the green camo plastic bag over it. And 1.7kg is the full day ration ..vs the .7kg which is a single meal of the same version...These rations do not have any chocolate with them. These are the cheapest ones now out there I am seeing... The heavier 2.1kg rations from other brands have chocolate and extra jams and stuff that makes up the difference from the 1.7kg to the 2.1kg ones

pplcfz

Post by pplcfz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:46 pm

I stumbled upon a very unusual Russian IRP on YouTube, so I did some research on it.
I can say that there is a rare pokemon out there. It is called Emercom IRP-S (produced by OOO Almira, Moscow) and you can distinguish it by orange stripe with Emercom logo on the front side.
It comes with flameless heater for each main, plastic cups, each course is prepackaged in its own bag, meals packaged in wide flat containers, mains are very unusual(for a russian IRP menu), it also has an actual soup (in liquid form) for lunch. Reviewers praise overall taste and quality.
Sadly I couldn't find it on the sale at regular places, apparently they don't sell it in retail at all. I even googled foreign markets (and that is how I found this topic), so the only way to get it is to be issued one by Emercom or buy it on the "black" market(which is quite a lottery because of a hordes of scammers).

Here is the video:

And front view of a package:
Attachments
3384521655.jpg

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:28 am

That is one BIG ration! I would hate to lug that around, but the food actually looks decent!

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:48 am

pplcfz wrote:I stumbled upon a very unusual
I love this guy haha. BTW if you want to see unusual stuff fast forward to 05:38 if my link will not do that automatically

Last edited by [ex-Member1] on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:48 am

Wow, that's pretty cool!

Biobrew

Post by Biobrew » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Looks like you can get it here. They only show the back (contents) but I think this is it.

http://rocketstore.me/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=651