Nestle's Yorkie bar: "It's Not for Civvies!"

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:21 pm

Yeah, I wish there were more curry joints here.The few times I had curry,It was so hot, I couldn't tell if it had flavor !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like to try some milder stuff someday.

rational

Post by rational » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:57 pm

And the older (late '90's, maybe a little later) British rations had not only 6, but 8 big sugar packs! (It is said that the British like thier tea very sweet)
I don't know, I just know that I don't like Coca-Cola warm.
But overall, British rations are my favorite

rational

Post by rational » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:25 pm

I should have added that the Yorkie bars, along with other British and sometimes Australian bars, are available at Cost Plus World Market stores. Don't know if they are everywhere in the U.S., but they are in the Northwest at least.
First thing I always seem to open in my British ration packs seem to be the chocolate bars...so then I just go get replacements!
FYI the condition of the bars is an indicator of the storage conditions of the ration. Fresh looking, not whitish powdery, means safe entrees.
Cheers as they say!

Richard w.

Post by Richard w. » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:15 am

I had the main meal item from my P3 24 Hour Ration, "chicken curry with rice", for lunch today.

Superb!

This is a dehydrated item that requires boiling water to reconstitute it. You pour the water into the bag, which has a zip-loc seal on it, close it up, and wait 5 minutes.

This worked great. The texture was perfect, with no lumps. It is just a little salty and would benefit from being paired with a cold beer.

The label indicates that it was manufactured by "Drytech AS" from Tomasjord, Norway. I've noticed that many of the items in my sample British rations are made somewhere other than Britain.

Stef

Post by Stef » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:42 am

Hello,
I had a 2003 "E" menu for lunch (the beans & bacon: supposed to be a breakfast, I know :wink: ).
The two Yorkie bars from the box have no "not for the civvies" nor "not for the girls " inscription on their packs. In fact they have nothing more than the logo and the Nestle markings:

Concerning the curry, in the French RCIR there's a chicken & rice curry as well as chili con carne, sweet and sour pork and traditionnal European meals.
In principio erat spamum

housil

Post by housil » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:15 am

Richard w. wrote:
Does the MoD really pack 10 of the same meal to a case? I don't think I could eat 10 of the same menu even if it was something I really liked.
The system is diffrent from the Case A/B - system that is in use with the MRE boxes.
Your platoon (supply) sergeant get enough rations for his whole platoon in this boxes. He will give out it to each single soldier, every day if necessary and will mix the types every day.
Thats the way the German Army (Bundeswehr) will handle it. Each carton contains 6 EPa (individ. ration) One EPa is a 24 hours ration, tomorrow you will get another one.
But it could happend if your supply is cut, you will have the same ration for 10 consecutiv days.
War is hell... :twisted: