Question: Russian IRPs

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
SPikeDiegel

Question: Russian IRPs

Post by SPikeDiegel » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:56 pm

I was looking up information about Russian IRPs when I came across a site called soviet-power. Apparently, they sell Soviet surplus including IMPs. has any one ordered through them? then again its like 34.95 for an IMP

http://www.soviet-power.com/detail.php?pid=45343

Eddo36

Re: Question: Russian IRPs

Post by Eddo36 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:40 am

I've been finding them on eBay for $20

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:20 pm

I've seen that website, but so far I've found the best source for IRPs to be eBay. If you look around on there you can find ones that still have a year left until their expiration date for $20-$30 w/shipping. If you have US MRE's to trade, Onepamop here will do trades for IMPs, and I've had good experiences with him.

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:13 pm

I've got the same input - every time I've seen them on Soviet-Power I can find them on eBay for less. Honestly, the best option right now would probably be to send a PM to onepamop on here. His feedback is excellent with us and he charges fair prices.

JaiJor0709

Post by JaiJor0709 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:33 pm

New to the Forum and just recently got the MRE-Ration bug. Bit the bullet and purchased a set of 3 Russian Army 2017 MILITARY MRE (DAILY FOOD RATION PACK) Emergency Food from an EBAY seller for $96 includes shipping from Russia. Is this is fair price - purchase? The review on the seller are good, so I am not concerned about the quality or ability to send... but just wasnt sure if I was overpaying. Thanks!!

SNiiP3R

Post by SNiiP3R » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:22 am

JaiJor0709 wrote:New to the Forum and just recently got the MRE-Ration bug. Bit the bullet and purchased a set of 3 Russian Army 2017 MILITARY MRE (DAILY FOOD RATION PACK) Emergency Food from an EBAY seller for $96 includes shipping from Russia. Is this is fair price - purchase? The review on the seller are good, so I am not concerned about the quality or ability to send... but just wasnt sure if I was overpaying. Thanks!!
You mostly paying for shipping when you buy from overseas and shipping sometimes can cost more than the ration itself.

Norton

Post by Norton » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:19 am

SNiiP3R
I have never purchased IRP from Soviet Power,but I have purchased some field gear from them
They are honest vendors.
I received an email when items were shipped and a follow up email asking if I was happy with item after it arrived here in the states
By the way my order was shipped fairly quickly and arrived in perfect shape. They packed it well :D

JaiJor0709

Post by JaiJor0709 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:39 am

SNiiP3R wrote:
JaiJor0709 wrote:New to the Forum and just recently got the MRE-Ration bug. Bit the bullet and purchased a set of 3 Russian Army 2017 MILITARY MRE (DAILY FOOD RATION PACK) Emergency Food from an EBAY seller for $96 includes shipping from Russia. Is this is fair price - purchase? The review on the seller are good, so I am not concerned about the quality or ability to send... but just wasnt sure if I was overpaying. Thanks!!
You mostly paying for shipping when you buy from overseas and shipping sometimes can cost more than the ration itself.
Thanks!

JaiJor0709

Post by JaiJor0709 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:39 am

Norton wrote:SNiiP3R
I have never purchased IRP from Soviet Power,but I have purchased some field gear from them
They are honest vendors.
I received an email when items were shipped and a follow up email asking if I was happy with item after it arrived here in the states
By the way my order was shipped fairly quickly and arrived in perfect shape. They packed it well :D
Appreciate it!!

Norton

Post by Norton » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:42 am

I think for a set of three it is a fair price. I like the IRP entrees, one set will last a fair amount of time on a camping trip