Just bought 3 Canadian IMPs

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
MREater
inactive

Just bought 3 Canadian IMPs

Post by MREater » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:31 pm

I'm new to MREs and just bought 3 Canadian IMPs. They're Chicken Casserole with rice, Shepherd's Pie, and Salmon Filet, dated '04. I've had one IMP in the past. I don't have a camera or I'd take pictures of the contents.
If anyone has tried these ones, let me know what you thought of them!

MREater
inactive

Post by MREater » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:34 am

Chicken Casserole with Rice: 1/10

I could barely eat a mouthful. Smelled rancid and tasted about the same. :(

MREater
inactive

Post by MREater » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:13 am

The Salmon filet gets a 10/10. If you like salmon, try one of these if you can get your hands on it. The salmon was firm and tasted as it should, and was relatively thick and filling. The accompanying instant butter and garlic rice, not so much. I'm not really a big fan of the included powered drinks, but the instant coffee was strong and while it tasted slightly strange to me, was still drinkable and enjoyable.

It came with the famous IMP bread... and two packets of PEANUT BUTTER! No honey here! The first peanut butter I tried had separated and was watery a bit, so I squished the next packet a bit, and applied it to the bread. A delicious doorstop! (I really do like this bread.)

I haven't eaten the apple compote or other items yet.

10/10!

Enchilada

Post by Enchilada » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:48 am

Got a salmon one in the cupboard Im looking forward to it on your recommendation. Its got a sachet of teryaki sauce-cant wait.