IMP review - Hungarian Goulash

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
beazle00

IMP review - Hungarian Goulash

Post by beazle00 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:47 pm

Todays meal '05 Hungarian goulash brought to us by FreddyChef once again.
Contents
Hungarian goulash
sliced peaches
buttered rice(freeze dried)
cocconut pudding
ritz crackers with cheese (6)
cookies and creme chocolate bar
pineapple drink mix
campano strawberry and creme hard candy
raspberry jamx2 ?
instant coffee
tea bag
whitener x2
sugar x 2
tabasco packet
salt& pepper
moist towelette
matches
napkin
spoon
Boiled entree for ~5min and opened wonderful aroma and the sight of red sauce and big chunks of beef. Hungarian goulash must be Canadian for meat chunks in red sauce, no vegetables in sight here!
I decided to go with Kman's suggestion and add the rice to the entree. I did this and let it sit for 8 min. in the mean time I made up the cocconut pudding.
Looks like white glue but tastes surprisingly good also took the time to down the peaches.
here's the pineapple drink, kinda looks like milk in the picture but sure doesn't taste like it, decent pineapple taste.
Goulash and rice is ready.
Adding the rice made things a little saltier which wasn't that bad. The goulash has a slight gentle spice to it. Not sure what the red sauce is doesn't taste like tomato sauce as one would expect but tastes great none the less. I rate this entree on par with the chili maybe even better A++. not sure what the raspberry jam is for either they forgot to aff the bread or they mistakenly added the jam who knows.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:34 pm

Mmmm....Hungarian Goulash! Actually, that sounds and looks pretty good. Darn you beazle00...now I'm really going to have to score my very own cases of fresh IMPs.