IMP review- Chili Con Carne

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
beazle00

IMP review- Chili Con Carne

Post by beazle00 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:06 pm

Todays lunch was '06 chili con carne
here's the meal nicely packed inside
contents unpacked
looks as though freddyChef still makes some of the Canadain rations, interestingly nutrional info is not on the boxes but on a piece of paper inside the box
also interesting is the Canadian version of tabasco packaging in the mini packet

chili con carne entree
sliced pear side
bread
peanut butter x2
tabasco packet
orange pineapple drink mix
caramel latte coffee mix
instant coffe
whitener
sugar x2
salt & pepper
hershey hugs (white chocolate with dark chocolate striped kisses)
chocolate mint hard candy
matches
spoon and napkin
ration questionare
Today I had the patience to actually boil the entree pouch, I also threw the bread packet in too. After 5 min I pulled the pouch out and opened it. I was greeted with a wonderful chili smell and the sight of ground beef and plump kidney beans
Entree was damn good tasting, I wished I had saved this for a cold or rainy day. I had sliced the bread in half again and poured chili on one half to make a wonderful open face chili sandwich delicious! I was surprised at how few pears were in the side pouch
Yet again another tasty meal. I was inspired by Kmans post in the general forum on the ration photo shoot. Next time I'll actually review my pictures to checking the lighting however I was starving

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:20 pm

Good review - glad I read it after lunch or else I would have been hungry after seeing those pictures.

Interesting about those Tobasco sauce packets. They sometimes have those at my local Chik-Fil-A (fast-food chicken place). I started collecting some extras for "just in case" but found they weren't too reliable over time. For example, I had a plastic baggie full of them and after a few months, I noticed a few of the packets had started leaking - the tobasco was just eating its way through the seal. I'd be curious to see how they hold up in the IMPs.

pablo_fiasco

Post by pablo_fiasco » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:33 pm

mmm...that looks good...hmm...chili-con-carne eh? may have to track one of these down to have a try
"Genius has its limits, but insanity knows no bounds" - Anon

"Let the Amish code your video game too, then."
-Shane