French rations

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
sgt mike rtd

French rations

Post by sgt mike rtd » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:29 am

:? Hello guys
anyone tried the french individual combat ration . im interested because i got my first one today and was interseted if anyone had tried them before. i have menu no.5 , and im game to try anything new in a rat pack , ive tried a no. from diffrent countrys but as i said this is my first french one. one thing i think i will give a miss in this one is the squids in aromorican sauce, i know what suid is but the sauce, well got me beat what it is :?: so any ideas guys
cheers :?:

truzoom

Post by truzoom » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm

Can you post pics or give us a detailed review when you are done? You know we're hungry for details :)

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:48 pm

Sgt Mike,
Hey I tried a french ration for the first time back in April and it was so good. I had the rabbit stew and cabbage rolls in tomato sauce. Believe me there were more than enough man size items in the ration. I loved it! The heater unit I thought could have more hexamine tablets in it to heat up the tins. I found out that the tabs provided burned up to quick and you had to go scrounge more. :o Also some of the chocolate in the unit was a bit hard to chew, normally when I think of choclate in a ration I think of the more softer stuff not the gnaw on stuff that I got. Other than not having any wine in it I though it was a much better meal than our own MRE's. :D

sgt mike rtd

will let you know (eg: i hope i dont end up in hospital)

Post by sgt mike rtd » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:57 am

gday guys
will fill you in on what i think of the rat pack after im finnished ok. mind you im still not sure about the squid meal :? . but i am willing to try anything once. i would put pic,s in guys but dont know how :?:
cheers http://www.mreinfo.com/france.html
i found this on a ration site , the menu i have is no.5

sgt mike rtd

taste

Post by sgt mike rtd » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:47 am

:mrgreen: gday guys
well i finnished off my french rat pack . i do not recomend the squid in american sauce,lol.made me crook as a dog. the lamb stew wasnt to bad. there is 2 types of crackers in the pack 1 is supposed to be salted the other sweet. personaly i cant tell the diffrence. the brew kit is terrible . 1 chocolate drink 1 whitener and a couple of coffe,s . with 4 suger lumps. the chocolate bar wasnt any diffrent to a australian rat pack one, except that its dark choc, i dont know what to make of the fruit bar. i didnt know if i was to eat it or put it on the crackers , so i ate it, not to bad realy. the caramels not to bad , chewing gum no diffrence to a british rat pack .the cheese and the tuna cans went very well witht the crackers sweet and so called salty one,s. also they must have changed the hexi stove because it only took 1 hexi lump to cook 1 can . so all in all wasnt to bad besides the brew kit. worth trying. but as i said forget the squid.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:04 am

Thanks for the review, sgt mike. Please help me out here...what does "crook as a dog" mean? I can imagine but I just wanted to be sure. :-)

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:58 pm

sgt mike, you could have asked me, I can easily tell that any kind of squid rat has got to be disgusting. You made me puke just reading about it. :oops:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

sgt mike rtd

crook as a dog

Post by sgt mike rtd » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:23 am

:mrgreen: sorry kman i should have put tossed my cookies something shocking , means the same thing as crook as a dog.