Allegedly Austrian Ration

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Re: Allegedly Austrian Ration

Post by alohakid » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:43 pm

alittleolder75 wrote:Hi I am from Austria and until recently it was impossible even for me to obtain an genuine Austrian Army MRE. But luckily my Cousin married an Officer. Talked to him 2 days ago and he'll provide me with some. But what I got on Information was also interesting: He said it varies heavily. Sometimes they just get a few breads with butter and some coldcuts, sometimes they get the travellunch stuff and sometimes the good stuff is broken out. But the Travellunch one at the very beginning of this thread is actually used by the Austrian Army in that form. So I am really looking Forward to what I am getting. It'll take a bit but I'll Keep you updated.
Hi from Austria to Everybody!
-
Stephan

alittleolder75 - Great info. Look forward to your findings. Welcome on boar and greetings from Florida.

mahloa

gundog4314
eBay name: gundog4314

Re: Allegedly Austrian Ration

Post by gundog4314 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 pm

The one I had sent to me was a commercial version of one. Pretty much said the only difference were one or two items and removal of the Cardboard top. Even had a Austrian Logistics guy get in touch and said the same thing. I'll be interested to see if everyone I've talked to is right. Cheers