RCIR “Bleachy” Crackers

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Fallout420

RCIR “Bleachy” Crackers

Post by Fallout420 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:59 pm

Anyone else ever experience “bleachy” smelling crackers in a French RCIR? I’ve now experienced them in two different RCIR’s, both before their BBD’s, and bought at different times as well. Most of the time the crackers are delicious, especially the chocolate ones, but on occasion they have this bleach-odor and taste off. When it happens, it’s all the packets in the box, not just one pack. Anybody else experience this?

Faraway13

Re: RCIR “Bleachy” Crackers

Post by Faraway13 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:58 pm

Yes! I have long realized that French RCIR lifeline is shortened due to the crackers getting that off smell. It seems that the cereales crackers get tainted first, then the sel crackers, and last of all the chocolat crackers. I had about 10 ‘expired’ rations (between 2021 and 2022) to go by - opened every single one of them and every single cracker pack. I do love their crackers though which is why I put up a post searching for some to buy =P But I’ll keep updating if there’s any interest as I have more that will expire within the next 3 years.

Fallout420

Re: RCIR “Bleachy” Crackers

Post by Fallout420 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:32 pm

I’m glad it’s not just me that noticed, it really makes them borderline inedible. It’s a bummer when you open a fresh RCIR and don’t even get to enjoy the crackers!