French RCIR crackers/biscuits…and new member!!

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Faraway13

French RCIR crackers/biscuits…and new member!!

Post by Faraway13 » Tue May 02, 2023 3:48 pm

First off I am so excited to be here finally - I first started when I was in high school and remember reading this forum for US MREs in 2008 and 2009. Over the last few months I’ve been reading and rereading so many posts to get information and have really gotten into international rations in general. I had a phase of French RCIRs, eating them daily for a stretch, and still have about 8 or 10 of them left, have 2 Lithuanian, just received 7 new Latvian MREs with the new sturdy pouch instead of the older tan baggies which I also have 2 of, and got 4 Russian IMPs and 2 Russian Emercoms. I’m waiting to receive some Norweigian, Dutch, and Spanish.

My question (out of many many questions) is - has anybody encountered any civilian crackers/biscuits that resemble the RCIR biscuits? Either in the US or perhaps abroad but could be purchased and shipped to the US?

I absolutely love them, with the sweetness of the chocolate ones, the saltiness of the salt ones, and the crisp and flavor of the cereal ones. In a lot of posts I have seen people not like the biscuits and I wondered why, until I encountered some turned ones that smelled rank and tasted bad. Surprisingly the bad biscuits hadn’t reached the expiry date yet while other packages which had already expired had perfect tasting crackers. I suspect the packaging makes a difference.

housil

Re: French RCIR crackers/biscuits…and new member!!

Post by housil » Tue May 02, 2023 3:54 pm

Welcome to forums

Faraway13

Post by Faraway13 » Tue May 02, 2023 4:09 pm

Thank you Housil! I read so many of your reviews and your posts especially when I was researching the RCIRs -your expertise is wonderful.

NorwegianboyEE

Post by NorwegianboyEE » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:21 am

Unfortunately i haven’t seen anything similar in my country.
I’ve also tried a couple French RCIR’s and they are indeed really good. The chocolate ones are so flavourful and silky smooth.

Faraway13

Post by Faraway13 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:02 pm

Yes exactly! Those are so good. FOr some reason they actually are not the first to go bad…I’ve found the cereales one gets rancid first. I should definitely start eating them instead of saving them,,,

Faraway13

Post by Faraway13 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:02 pm

What cracker/bread/carbs accompaniment has been your favorites from any ration anywhere?