British ration sent to Ukraine

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Trotsky1940

British ration sent to Ukraine

Post by Trotsky1940 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:10 pm

I got this off Twitter. This is what the Brits are sending to Ukraine. Interesting! Hot Dogs? In a can? Chocolate looks good though.

ViperGTS

Re: British ration sent to Ukraine

Post by ViperGTS » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:29 pm

Thanks for posting this. 👍

bart

Post by bart » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:29 am

Very interesting!

Looks like they used the 12h patrol pack bags, but the majority of the stuff is civilian food items.

Muesli & water purification tablets look exactly as you would find them in an ORP. The fruit flavoured powder is designed for rations, although I don't think I've ever seen that particular flavour in an ORP. Maybe patrol packs previously?

Spam, Hot dogs, chocolate bar, fruit mix & hot chocolate is definitely civilian.

Oddly enough, the manufacturer is still liquidating ORP components as we speak, wondering why they don't use more of it.

I have been contacted by the ministry of defence at the start of the conflict as a part of the effort to supply Ukraine with needed rations. I'm not a manufacturer myself so I had to decline, although via donating as much as I could & selling rations at cost price directly to units / local government officials we have managed to send over 1500 24h rations.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:25 am

bart wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:29 am
Very interesting!

Looks like they used the 12h patrol pack bags, but the majority of the stuff is civilian food items.

Muesli & water purification tablets look exactly as you would find them in an ORP. The fruit flavoured powder is designed for rations, although I don't think I've ever seen that particular flavour in an ORP. Maybe patrol packs previously?

Spam, Hot dogs, chocolate bar, fruit mix & hot chocolate is definitely civilian.

Oddly enough, the manufacturer is still liquidating ORP components as we speak, wondering why they don't use more of it.

I have been contacted by the ministry of defence at the start of the conflict as a part of the effort to supply Ukraine with needed rations. I'm not a manufacturer myself so I had to decline, although via donating as much as I could & selling rations at cost price directly to units / local government officials we have managed to send over 1500 24h rations.
Chocolate isnt civvy - Comes in the cold climate rations. Although the blue one hasnt come in since 2018, its been red since. Wonder why it swapped back to blue
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Jim_M1988
eBay name: Jim_M1988

Post by Jim_M1988 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:25 am

That chocolate bar is the exact same as used in the British Cold Climate rations. In my opinion it's pretty gross but that's the only place I've seen it before. The spam and hotdogs are definitely supermarket, the hotdogs are cheapest of the cheap.

Ultio

Post by Ultio » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:15 pm

The word used on the front of the bag is interesting. Palianytsia is a type of bread.

I wonder if that has some sort of symbolic meaning of comfort or assistance?

soulflysi

Post by soulflysi » Mon May 30, 2022 1:54 pm

soulflysi

Post by soulflysi » Mon May 30, 2022 2:05 pm

-A can of potatoes, meat and vegetables IRELAND GUARANTEE or a can of sausages;
-a can of corned beef or a can of SPAM;
-muesli;
chocolate;
-fruit stick;
-fruit drink powder;
-various nuts;
-Coffee.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Mon May 30, 2022 4:28 pm

Very interesting! Thanks for posting!

MrFahrenheit
eBay name: Nomad2k3

Post by MrFahrenheit » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:53 pm

Ye Olde Oak hotdog, the modern equivalent of the four fingers or death! Those poor ba*tards! :mrgreen:
I came, I saw, I ate some rations then fell asleep amongst the clover.