Had my first Canadian IMP. I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Demolition_Man

Had my first Canadian IMP. I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!

Post by Demolition_Man » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Wow, what a treat. Yesterday I finally got to try out my first IMP, a 2018 #12 Pulled Pork. EVERYTHING in it was great. All I have left are the tic tacs. It's so funny that it's so similar in composition to the MRE but every component is at least ten times better than its' US counterpart, from main course to snacks to dessert to drinks. Incredible. Maybe I was just lucky to have tried the best of the lot, but still, for a ration, this ranks now with Norway to take top spot on my taste list.

I have a Shepherd's Pie left. Then I need MORE!!!
Military rations I have...
tested: Germany, USA, UK, France, Norway, Canada, Lithuania
acquired but yet to try: Australia, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Russia (Mountain, IRP), Ukraine

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: Had my first Canadian IMP. I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!

Post by Amelieee1 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:01 pm

Demolition_Man wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:56 pm
Wow, what a treat. Yesterday I finally got to try out my first IMP, a 2018 #12 Pulled Pork. EVERYTHING in it was great. All I have left are the tic tacs. It's so funny that it's so similar in composition to the MRE but every component is at least ten times better than its' US counterpart, from main course to snacks to dessert to drinks. Incredible. Maybe I was just lucky to have tried the best of the lot, but still, for a ration, this ranks now with Norway to take top spot on my taste list.

I have a Shepherd's Pie left. Then I need MORE!!!
Shepards pie is bland, until you add the ketchup they give you. then its a world of flavour
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Shawn

Post by Shawn » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:03 pm

Where did you find them? It seems everyone wants fifty bucks for one of them. Seems too steep for me.

Demolition_Man

Post by Demolition_Man » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:01 am

Shawn wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:03 pm
Where did you find them? It seems everyone wants fifty bucks for one of them. Seems too steep for me.
I bought them from user koerky75 some years ago.
Military rations I have...
tested: Germany, USA, UK, France, Norway, Canada, Lithuania
acquired but yet to try: Australia, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Russia (Mountain, IRP), Ukraine

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:53 pm

IMPs are great, for sure! Literally the only downside of them is the fact that they don't come with a heating method. The drink pouches are amazing. Why can't the US copy that design?