Sensory Testing of Canadian IMPs

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Westview
eBay name: robichj

Re: Sensory Testing of Canadian IMPs

Post by Westview » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:11 pm

mikeoverhere wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:41 pm
I find US MRE's to be horrible, but only nasty when heated and more than not the components need heating.
Westview wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:15 am
I'm surprised the salmon is the least favorite. I had that menu several times and it's my favorite! The salmon is not processed, it's a solid salmon filet.
So it must be a dislike of fish and seafood in general, such a shame because it really is high quality salmon and extremely good for you.
I fully agree, a premium fillet of Salmon. It's $25 a pound at the store. People over there really not like salmon? That fillet is too good for soldiers. Perhaps my favorite along with the Beef Macaroni.
Yes I agree the salmon filet is too good for soldiers, it would be better served to officers or commanders. I work near a Canadian naval base and sometimes see soldiers eating lunch at the local Burger King. If I'm also eating lunch there, I sometimes walk by their table and say something like "What...no IMP's today?" They just laugh and say something about how bad IMP's taste. I laugh with them but inside I feel like saying trade me your IMP's for a Whopper combo any day.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:42 pm

Westview wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:11 pm
mikeoverhere wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:41 pm
I find US MRE's to be horrible, but only nasty when heated and more than not the components need heating.
Westview wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:15 am
I'm surprised the salmon is the least favorite. I had that menu several times and it's my favorite! The salmon is not processed, it's a solid salmon filet.
So it must be a dislike of fish and seafood in general, such a shame because it really is high quality salmon and extremely good for you.
I fully agree, a premium fillet of Salmon. It's $25 a pound at the store. People over there really not like salmon? That fillet is too good for soldiers. Perhaps my favorite along with the Beef Macaroni.
Yes I agree the salmon filet is too good for soldiers, it would be better served to officers or commanders. I work near a Canadian naval base and sometimes see soldiers eating lunch at the local Burger King. If I'm also eating lunch there, I sometimes walk by their table and say something like "What...no IMP's today?" They just laugh and say something about how bad IMP's taste. I laugh with them but inside I feel like saying trade me your IMP's for a Whopper combo any day.
Hey try it! IMP for a couple bucks is good and I bet they dont mind
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:10 pm

Salmon

Am a salmon eater and for good reason. Be a good idea to begin a thread surveying salmon as a good source of food and could share its uses and benefits.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire