French Rcir temprate countries

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: French Rcir temprate countries

Post by Amelieee1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Smitty wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:07 pm
I know there were RCIRs being sold out of Asia a few years back but to my knowledge I don't think anyone actually received their order. I suspected this might have been another one of those, but in light of it being from France and from Serge, I'd be shocked if he's up to anything sketchy. Though, he might have also been taken?

Hey, maybe we have something new to look at! That's always exciting.

This seems odd though: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2023-ration-de- ... 4297808113
On the label you can see where he did a crap job at pasting on the precautions also the muesli usually says what flavour it is...
Also doubt that they would put a space before commando in the brackets
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:13 am

Very odd to name a ration "Type Commando" it is usually the norm that items used by special units are not labeled as such. It's like labeling the US LRP ration "Special Forces Long Range Patrol Ration". Civilians on the other hand love to name items as such, and sell them for more $$.

I am not saying this ration is fake, but perhaps it's a civilian version of the Military ration?

MrFahrenheit
eBay name: Nomad2k3

Post by MrFahrenheit » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:33 am

I have no info really but I do remember when British forces started operating in Iraq and Afghanistan that they complained about the chocolate and a couple other items melting or going off quicker so they replaced the chocolate with the cereal bars and such, at thr time some cases were labelled similar to what's in that image, marked for Temperate use.

It wasn't for long iirc, just while they transitioned stocks, I'm wondering if this is just a similar thing?
I came, I saw, I ate some rations then fell asleep amongst the clover.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:25 am

MrFahrenheit wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:33 am
I have no info really but I do remember when British forces started operating in Iraq and Afghanistan that they complained about the chocolate and a couple other items melting or going off quicker so they replaced the chocolate with the cereal bars and such, at thr time some cases were labelled similar to what's in that image, marked for Temperate use.

It wasn't for long iirc, just while they transitioned stocks, I'm wondering if this is just a similar thing?
that's what the multi climate rations / bot climate supplements were
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

HeinrichFuchs

Post by HeinrichFuchs » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:42 pm

Just going off of the seller, he has sent me genuine French regular ones in the past, albeit one was badly beat up.. they've all all checked out. He did have quite a few more "rare" rations in stock a while back. Likewise Russian ones, which he still seem to have in. So in my opinion, he doesn't seem like a guy to sell fake ones, in comparison to other, clearly faked MREs I have seen floating around.

To me, he seems genuine in what he sells, at least speaking of the interactions I have had with him, in regards to MREs, for what it is worth.

EDIT:

I have a friend who lives close to France, and another one who is currently serving. I will see if either have any knowledge about whether these are genuine or not. I will edit or send another message if they believe they may be genuine.

HeinrichFuchs

Post by HeinrichFuchs » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:19 pm

I spoke with my friends, and the one who is currently serving believes it to be a genuine and new issued ration to the armed forces.

Apologies if I should have avoided bumping the thread, if so, can a mod please merge my messages.

bart

Post by bart » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:07 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RCIR-Ration- ... 890.l49292

Seems they are circulating in the UK now too

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi, if these are new why do I have later dates with the old label ? I don't read/speak French except the dirty words so I don't know. Is there a possibility that these are expired and re-dated ? Regards, Mike

PS: If you guys can't figure this out no one can, :o

bart

Post by bart » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:53 pm

Uncle Mike wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:22 pm
Hi, if these are new why do I have later dates with the old label ? I don't read/speak French except the dirty words so I don't know. Is there a possibility that these are expired and re-dated ? Regards, Mike

PS: If you guys can't figure this out no one can, :o
New ones look exactly the same as they usually do - i’ll have some 2024 best befores tomorrow, i’ll post some pictures

These must have been released from some warehouse somewhere. As you said yet to confirm what they are exactly and if they are real or not but I think they are. Just some weird version they had due to supply issues or something at the factory

Petereview

Post by Petereview » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:31 am

Hi,
I did a review of the rations in the images.
if you are curious, pretty much the same as a standard RCIR.

Cheers