1990s ORP info?

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

1990s ORP info?

Post by Amelieee1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm

Hi all, I started eating a 1997 ORP the other day and looked at the menu sheet and had some questions I was hoping some people might know about?
The ORP in question was "Cheese removed"

On the menu list, there are about 5 or 10 types of chocolate listed:
Milk Chocolate
Mint Flavour Chocolate
Chocolate, Biscuit and Fruit,
Orange Flavour Chocolate
Chocolate Orange Crisp
Chocolate Mint Crisp
Chocolate Rum and Raisin.

These all look to be duncans, but that isnt my issue. Ive opened 2 menus for a total of 3 or 4 ORPs from 1997 and 1998 (The dates on the menu sheet) and the only chocolate Ive seen have been the:
plain milk and the biscuit and fruit (Duncans raisin and cereal)

Does anyone know why the Cheese removed ORPs would only have 2 out of the 7 types of chocolate listed included?

Ok i promise, thats enough bugging about chocolate for one day :D
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

norge

Re: 1990s ORP info?

Post by norge » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:34 pm

The cheese was removed because it was bad, no kidding they repacked 10000s of ORPs because of that. the problem was a fault in the cheese container.

when it comes to chocolates, ihavent found al the flavors i think they made the menu list first then packing :D

btw no prictures of the eating? 8)

cheers ken

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:49 pm

I can't directly answer your question but I have only encountered the following Duncans flavors of chocolate in ORP's:

Milk Chocolate
Rasin and Cereal
Chocolate Rum and Raisin

Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:59 pm

cavguy wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:49 pm
I can't directly answer your question but I have only encountered the following Duncans flavors of chocolate in ORP's:

Milk Chocolate
Rasin and Cereal
Chocolate Rum and Raisin
Yeah, I know of a Mint that came in menu B, couldnt jump on that auction though.
I have 3 menu Gs, that are meant to have the rum and raisin, 2 sealed and one open, I carefully opened and then resealed one of them, its not noticeable but i checked and no rum and raisin :( :( Bit bummed about that and have been
looking for R+R for about a year now, if you have any leads or have one, I would love to give you a hefty reward :lol:
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:11 pm

norge wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:34 pm
The cheese was removed because it was bad, no kidding they repacked 10000s of ORPs because of that. the problem was a fault in the cheese container.

when it comes to chocolates, ihavent found al the flavors i think they made the menu list first then packing :D

btw no prictures of the eating? 8)

cheers ken
Forgot to add the pictures, might make another thread. If you find any duncans you want to part with please do PM me :DD

Yeah the cheese was a big problem, i bought an empty ORP box from 1992, the cheese made a hefty stain on the box. Only about half the menus came with cheese, so they just ordered more meat pate.
Shame really as soldiers loved the cheese.

Here are the pics from the 1997 ORP. the main is from 1998, but the case it came from was packed in 1997, so im guessing as its "cheese removed" they had to replace the main for some reason, maybe it was contaminated with mad cow :twisted:
Nice flavour in the sauce, not much flavour in the meatballs but they were still pretty nice, got cold after only 5 minutes which isnt surprising with the weather we are having down here haha.
Attachments
P_20201120_203611.jpg
P_20201120_203422.jpg
P_20201120_202313.jpg
P_20201120_202302.jpg

cap174
eBay name: chapr_7219

Post by cap174 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:12 pm

koreyyy1 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm
Hi all, I started eating a 1997 ORP the other day and looked at the menu sheet and had some questions I was hoping some people might know about?

Milk Chocolate
Mint Flavour Chocolate
Orange Flavour Chocolate
Chocolate Orange Crisp
Chocolate Mint Crisp

These all look to be duncans, but that isnt my issue. Ive opened 2 menus for a total of 3 or 4 ORPs from 1997 and 1998 (The dates on the menu sheet) and the only chocolate Ive seen have been the:

Does anyone know why the Cheese removed ORPs would only have 2 out of the 7 types of chocolate listed included?

I got a half full case of cheese removed ORPs about a year back and they had mint and orange duncan bars. I’ll dig through my collection and get some pics for you sometime.
On an impossible mission to get every ration ever :D

Looking for Vintage, rare and just plain strange items

Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:31 pm

cap174 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:12 pm
koreyyy1 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm

Milk Chocolate
Mint Flavour Chocolate
Orange Flavour Chocolate
Chocolate Orange Crisp
Chocolate Mint Crisp

I got a half full case of cheese removed ORPs about a year back and they had mint and orange duncan bars. I’ll dig through my collection and get some pics for you sometime.
cheers man