Why does the meat in Russian rations taste so low quality? I’ve tasted meat-for-dogs of better quality

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Rms2324

Re: Why does the meat in Russian rations taste so low quality? I’ve tasted meat-for-dogs of better quality

Post by Rms2324 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:09 pm

koreyyy1 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:41 am
Daithi wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:50 am
A delicacy I discovered when visiting Moscow was Rye bread spread with a local version of dripping. Pork fat chopped with mixed herbs and spices and a bit of meat.

I've found similar in Germany and pork dripping is still available in the UK in some places

Dripping is generally all the juices from the bottom of the pan when you roast beef or pork. So you get the meat juices and fats together in a pot. It used to be way of not wasting anything from expensive meat.
In the UK, atleast in my household we use the drippings from roast beef and sometimes lamb to put on the roast potatoes, makes them godly.
Oh of course!! That sounds delicious!

Cooking with fat is common-place in my household as well. Fats from meat for sauces like au jus, gravies, etc. Olive oil with just about everything (Palestinians).
Always looking for international ration sellers in the USA!

MrFahrenheit
eBay name: Nomad2k3

Re: Why does the meat in Russian rations taste so low quality? I’ve tasted meat-for-dogs of better quality

Post by MrFahrenheit » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:42 pm

koreyyy1 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:41 am

In the UK, atleast in my household we use the drippings from roast beef and sometimes lamb to put on the roast potatoes, makes them godly.
Same here! and tbh I still have an old school chip pan that I cook chips in proper lard too. :D :wink:

I havent tried the Russian rations yet, I have a few on their way from their motherland, but being a northern brit I dont mind a bit of fat and grease.
I came, I saw, I ate some rations then fell asleep amongst the clover.