Curious about Russia’s insane number of rations. Do they really use them all?

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Rms2324

Curious about Russia’s insane number of rations. Do they really use them all?

Post by Rms2324 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:55 am

Hello! As I’m sure a lot of you aware, Russia had a ration for just about every position in government as well as civiliansSmall troops, prison guards, customs officers, civilian ration, hunting rations, special forces, civilian emergency rations, etc. etc.

Are these rations actually used for those specific government positions? I understand the soldiers use their rations, but what about customs officers and whatnot?

I feel like there’s almost a company that pumps out different rations just to sell them! Most of them are all very similar food-wise so having so many different options seems somewhat redundant.

I’m thinking out loud more than anything but was curious if anyone had any insight onto the large # of Russian rations.

Thanks as always!
Always looking for international ration sellers in the USA!

carlosflar

Re: Curious about Russia’s insane number of rations. Do they really use them all?

Post by carlosflar » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Not all of these are used by Russian government personnel, many of these rations are commercial products emulating military rations or just commercial products from the same producers as the Russian military rations...

Im not sure on this, so don't quote me on it, but there is the ones that have the star logo, which is the commercial logo of the Russian army that they use for commercial products and souvenirs, there is also another commercial company with a logo with a bat that emulates the Russian intelligence logo and then there is the military rations...

Russians have a decent variety of military rations, but the stuff like sniper ration, fishermen ration, spy ration, dude-with-a-flamethrower ration and such are rations for the ration hobbyists
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar