Question about Customs confiscation when ordering multiple rations from overseas

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
housil

Re: Question about Customs confiscation when ordering multiple rations from overseas

Post by housil » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:28 am

Rms2324 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:44 pm
Hey no worries man glad you made me double check!
Even with the risk, with the price of these rations, I’m still gonna jump the gun and get them. That’s the risk we take ordering rations I guess
Good luck with it!

Rms2324

Re: Question about Customs confiscation when ordering multiple rations from overseas

Post by Rms2324 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:48 am

Thanks man! Super excited, great combo of many different MREs. Let’s hope those government bastards don’t touch em!
Always looking for international ration sellers in the USA!

safariman1
eBay name: williamarthur-69

Post by safariman1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:01 pm

Rms2324 kman is spot on with his answer. It also seems that all Ebay purchased rations are an automatic flag to customs and will be opened, meat entrees confiscated and rest sent to you with a warning letter. Best bet is to trade with fellow collectors on this site. It still amazes me as to what can be found at good prices with decent collectors on this site. All the best to you. Safariman1

Sailswish

Post by Sailswish » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:21 pm

I've been buying French RCIRs from a vendor in Paris on Ebay and nothing is molested. 6 day delivery to East Coast US.

Rms2324

Post by Rms2324 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:58 pm

safariman1 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:01 pm
Rms2324 kman is spot on with his answer. It also seems that all Ebay purchased rations are an automatic flag to customs and will be opened, meat entrees confiscated and rest sent to you with a warning letter. Best bet is to trade with fellow collectors on this site. It still amazes me as to what can be found at good prices with decent collectors on this site. All the best to you. Safariman1
Every single ration I’ve ordered internationally has been perfectly fine except maybe the one from EBay I have coming.

Ordered it months ago, supposed to be here a week ago but nothing yet, I’m assuming it’s at Customs. Will definitely not be going the Ebay international route anymore.
Always looking for international ration sellers in the USA!

MrFahrenheit
eBay name: Nomad2k3

Post by MrFahrenheit » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:45 am

UK here, I know this thread is more about importing rations into the US but ive also had some rations sent from Poland a couple weeks back although they were US MRE which were bought from eBay.co.uk, UK border force decided to open them and see what was inside.
this is the first time ive ever had anything inspected in over a decade of ordering rations from various other european countries.

They damaged one meal, poking a drugs tester into the pack and then opening it and trying to reseal it albeit badly.

The contents of the retort then spilled out into the MRE bag covering the other contents.

Notice Border force tape

Box slit open (how they cut it open, not myself)

Opened MRE

Drugs probe damage

Leaky taco

I should say that since then Ive ordered more MRE's from the same seller and after informing him he actually replaced the damge MRE which he didnt have to as it wasnt his fault.
the second cases arrived fine, no damage or inspection.
Ive since had Russian rations delivered from Russia with no inspection either though they did take several weeks.

Other than some damage nothing was confiscated.

So not sure if it was just a random inspection due to current world socio-economic climate or the pandemic, I dont know what but thats the first time in over a dozen years of having rations imported from mainlland Europe to UK that I have ever had ne inspected.
I came, I saw, I ate some rations then fell asleep amongst the clover.

norge

Post by norge » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:44 pm

did they use a chainsaw for opening the mre pouch, and side opening the mre case :lol: :lol: :lol:

my gues for the check is the sniffer dogs marking mail for drugs and the case was at the same shipment as a posible drug shipment ?

in norway i would file a complaint to the customs paying for the damage, done it before and they paid up :twisted:

cheers ken

housil

Post by housil » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:45 pm

MrFahrenheit wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:45 am
UK border force decided to open them and see what was inside.
Blame it on Brexit, postage within EU doesn´t get checked.

I´m sorry they ripped it open that way... :cry:

MrFahrenheit

Post by MrFahrenheit » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:09 pm

Yeah im guessing its that sadly, I think Border force got a fairly substantial boost to their budgets as well so perhaps told to up their checks seeing as were stupidly leaving the EU and so I guess technically arnt classed as inter EU postage anymore.

MrFahrenheit

Post by MrFahrenheit » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:16 pm

norge wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:44 pm
did they use a chainsaw for opening the mre pouch, and side opening the mre case :lol: :lol: :lol:

my gues for the check is the sniffer dogs marking mail for drugs and the case was at the same shipment as a posible drug shipment ?

in norway i would file a complaint to the customs paying for the damage, done it before and they paid up :twisted:

cheers ken

Yeah from what ive seen on various TV shows they use a 2 prong fork type device so the drugs dog can smell inside the package.

Im guessing the dog smelled the delicious Taco entree and got triggered so they opened that MRE.

Another pack had prong marks but didnt have any other damage as they 'stabbed it' from the top so it likely didnt trigger a reaction from the dog.

Was an menu 11

Those were the only 2 damaged MREs the rest were fine.
I ate the Veg pasta menu 11 first, actually a pretty good meal lol.

I did file a complaint but never got a reply from my email, I thought maybe id be pushing my luck to follow it up :lol: