Question about Customs confiscation when ordering multiple rations from overseas

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Rms2324

Question about Customs confiscation when ordering multiple rations from overseas

Post by Rms2324 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:53 pm

Hello! Sorry if this question has been asked before but it’s somewhat of a worry when I’m ordering a good amount of rations like this.

So ordering a bulk order of rations coming from Poland to the US, will be around 10 or more rations total. Do I have to worry about Customs confiscating/opening my rations?

I’ve ordered international before and everything went smoothly, nothing was even opened. My concern is with this many, they’ll be more inclined to open and inspect the items.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your time!
Always looking for international ration sellers in the USA!

kman
Site Admin

Re: Question about Customs confiscation when ordering multiple rations from overseas

Post by kman » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:35 am

Hopefully some others with more recent experience will chime in here, but from what I've heard, yes, you should worry about Customs opening your rations. If there's anything in there that's prohibited from importing without the proper paperwork, they can take it. Might happen, might not happen...but they seemed to have stepped up their inspections lately.

Rms2324

Re: Question about Customs confiscation when ordering multiple rations from overseas

Post by Rms2324 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:00 pm

kman wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:35 am
Hopefully some others with more recent experience will chime in here, but from what I've heard, yes, you should worry about Customs opening your rations. If there's anything in there that's prohibited from importing without the proper paperwork, they can take it. Might happen, might not happen...but they seemed to have stepped up their inspections lately.

I’m not so worried about them opening it more than the items being confiscated.

Is there a way to go through the proper channels to ensure items are not confiscated? I doubt it but never hurts to ask.

Thanks for your time and your reply!

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:26 pm

The quick answer is that you have to order from some place that has USDA-certified production facilities and import/export agreements all setup in advance with the US. And as far as I know, those places don't exist...at least for military rations.

If there's any meat (more or less) in any of the MREs that get inspected, there's a good chance those parts will be confiscated.

As a bonus, you might also get treated to a visit from USDA agents inquiring about the parcel of food you illegally tried to import. Not trying to scare you, but that's the current state of the rations importing market right now.

Rms2324

Post by Rms2324 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:33 pm

kman wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:26 pm
The quick answer is that you have to order from some place that has USDA-certified production facilities and import/export agreements all setup in advance with the US. And as far as I know, those places don't exist...at least for military rations.

If there's any meat (more or less) in any of the MREs that get inspected, there's a good chance those parts will be confiscated.

As a bonus, you might also get treated to a visit from USDA agents inquiring about the parcel of food you illegally tried to import. Not trying to scare you, but that's the current state of the rations importing market right now.
Well shit... I appreciate the reply!

In the past I’ve ordered internationally and it was fine but when I’m ordering this many rations, I feel like because of the quantity, it’ll have a higher chance to be inspected.

Ahhh IDK!!! I think I’m going to just jump the gun because the price on them is too good to pass up but still it’s worrying

housil

Post by housil » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:30 pm

First of all, you have to wait that EU - US shipment will regain work. Due to Covid, all postage service has shut down.

Rms2324

Post by Rms2324 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:59 pm

housil wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:30 pm
First of all, you have to wait that EU - US shipment will regain work. Due to Covid, all postage service has shut down.
Oh shit I didn’t know that.. is that for any and all packages coming from EU to US, they’re just shut down at the moment?

Rms2324

Post by Rms2324 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:21 pm

housil wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:30 pm
Everything I’m seeing from this says Poland isn’t effected by it which is where it would be coming from

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service ... elcome.htm

housil

Post by housil » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Lucky you, you are right. Pardon me. Didn´t know Poland still ships international and oversees.

Rms2324

Post by Rms2324 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:44 pm

housil wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:36 pm
Lucky you, you are right. Pardon me. Didn´t know Poland still ships international and oversees.
Hey no worries man glad you made me double check!
Even with the risk, with the price of these rations, I’m still gonna jump the gun and get them. That’s the risk we take ordering rations I guess

Also to anyone in the US in need of rations, Safariman1 is who I received a damn good chunk of my rations from. I was freaking out wanting to buy rations but had no seller, found him, and the rest is history. Shop with him, he’ll get you right! Great prices, great guy, have ordered about 4 boxes with 4-5 or more from him and everything is as advertised.

Would highly recommend
Last edited by Rms2324 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.