REVIEW 2019 Canadian Pizza Pasta MRE Menu 14

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
ToddRvs
eBay name: Cecilthings

REVIEW 2019 Canadian Pizza Pasta MRE Menu 14

Post by ToddRvs » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:57 am

Another terrific MRE from our neighbors to the North Canada

This one is the 2019 Canadian Pizza Pasta Menu 14

The Canadians really do make great MRE's and this one did not disappoint.

I have to admit this MRE was not what I expected check it out to see what I mean!

Here is the Video

Thanks and please subscribe and let me know what the board thinks Chow!!
Last edited by ToddRvs on Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M R Eedy
eBay name: Creeder

Re: REVIEW 2019 Canadian Pizza Pasta MRE Menu 14

Post by M R Eedy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:48 am

Nice review man I need to try some of those imps they sure look pretty awsome

mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Post by mikeoverhere » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:16 pm

Some of the fruit is excellent, especially the apple slices and pears. They are still firm. I don't know how they do it.

The 3-in-1 coffee is good but I still prefer separate components and their Expresso roast.

Nice review. I have yet to try this ration myself. I would enjoy this pasta so much more than the pizza which I personally thought was heinous.

And yes, why can't we have good bread? It's not difficult, you see Canadians have had it for ages. I want their hamburger bun to go with MRE Nation's Hamburger MRE. It would be perfect.
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:46 pm

mikeoverhere wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:16 pm
Some of the fruit is excellent, especially the apple slices and pears. They are still firm. I don't know how they do it.

The 3-in-1 coffee is good but I still prefer separate components and their Expresso roast.

Nice review. I have yet to try this ration myself. I would enjoy this pasta so much more than the pizza which I personally thought was heinous.

And yes, why can't we have good bread? It's not difficult, you see Canadians have had it for ages. I want their hamburger bun to go with MRE Nation's Hamburger MRE. It would be perfect.
And the hamburger bun isn't even that good, it's horrible compared to the rectangular pieces of bread they had up until a couple years ago.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

mashfan4077+

Post by mashfan4077+ » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:45 pm

The old bread was much better than the hamburger buns. And I dislike the fact that they no longer have tea in the IMPs. Also I miss some of the older menus like the beef chop suey and the ham steak as well as the salmon menu when it came with the side of rice. Don't get me wrong I think the IMPs are still good quality just feel s few of the older componets were better than what they were replaced with.

mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Post by mikeoverhere » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:29 am

BTemple wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:46 pm
And the hamburger bun isn't even that good, it's horrible compared to the rectangular pieces of bread they had up until a couple years ago.

I wasn't aware of that. All I know is US has the worst. Hamburger bun isn't good but it's better. Even ORP's have better bread. We get Bridgford products, but not their bread. Everybody has better bread than us.
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:30 am

mikeoverhere wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:29 am
BTemple wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:46 pm

I wasn't aware of that. All I know is US has the worst. Hamburger bun isn't good but it's better. Even ORP's have better bread. We get Bridgford products, but not their bread. Everybody has better bread than us.
The bread in Australian rations is the best of all, the closest to "real" white bread in a ration.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

rareauldmealtimes

Post by rareauldmealtimes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:44 pm

Nice review and well done! Somehow looks more appetizing than I was envisioning... :) IMPs continue to impress! If you ever get one with the Date Dessert bar your in for a treat! Well, at least I think so!

RSMRE

Post by RSMRE » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:37 pm

Fantastic review....Pizza Pasta in now firmly on my to do list after this review..looked absolutely delicious
Sellers/Traders I recommend: ViperGTS x2, Salty Croc, donjuan_21,Sturm44,Ration_Man

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:54 pm

I actually think pain hamburger seems pretty normal and tasty! The old petite pains were the best though.. US MRE wheat snack bread is never too great.. fire ants here in FL won't even eat it. Got one outside my window that ants just walk by and eat off it rarely.. like if it's all they have then they eat off it.
CR1M bread is delicious when fresh but it can really dry out - had a couple 2016s like that recently.
Danish rations have some pretty normal seeming bridgeford bread but that stuff is also a bit dry after 6 moths past BBE in my findings.

Those IMP date squares are crazy good and are like nature's broom gettin things moving nice & easy making for a happy day.