Question about receiving a ration from Australia

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Re: Question about receiving a ration from Australia

Post by mikeoverhere » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:11 pm

Crossing of index fingers and praying to your deity is your only help other than lady luck. The risk is part of the heavy price we pay. If the ration is intercepted and raided, keep in mind that's better than if USDA wants to send you a letter and come visit you.

I am starting to think much depends on which shipping ports our packages are received and shipped through in the US as to how your package is handled. Some agents know to flag a ration, stop it and raid or confiscate it while other employees seem to that lack the experience to identify these shipments and just pass them through. Some origins/shippers/importers are probably more common recognized and flagged easily, while others are too obscure.

Still this one is tough, the CR5M is a rare and expensive ration, I feel you. Good luck, brother.
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:42 pm

I've managed to get two CR5M's in the past year or so, and was moderately lucky.
Canada Customs opened both of them, but never took anything. Which was both nerve wracking (seeing the telltale tape) and great.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:34 am

I have had several successful smaller packages come from Aussie untouched, but a cr5m is a big box and might get some attention from customs. it mau depend on how the seller declared the item on the form.

wishing you luck

RGoodellSr
eBay name: Goodell911

Post by RGoodellSr » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Been struggling to get an EPa out of Germany. So far, DHL shipping has been the biggest challenge, as it has left the origin 3 times. They destroyed the outer packaging on the second attempt and stuffed the contents into a plastic bag, but not a huge deal since we plan to do a video review anyway. Current tracking information says 'The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center (in Germany.)' Thankfully the sender is such a great sport!

...Now we wait and see how bad US Customs treats us. I wouldn't be surprised to receive only a plastic bag and MRE spoon by the time it arrives.

IMG_2916.jpg
The soaking wet destroyed remains of an authentic EPa Typ 3 after DHL has it for a few days

IMG_2917.jpg
The contents of an authentic EPa Typ 3 after DHL destroys the package and then returns it to the sender

burglar.jpg
US Customs processing what remains of an authentic EPa Typ 3 after DHL gets done with it
Please visit Rick & Aedyn on YouTube: MRE Goodell

Ren

Post by Ren » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:08 am

Yeah, for the price of foreign rations, I prefer purchasing from Canada, USA or Mexico.

Getting an Australian or other ration out of the country is the challenge.

Then it's worth the price people are asking. Otherwise you could be throwing money away.

RGoodellSr
eBay name: Goodell911

Post by RGoodellSr » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:51 pm

Never considered ordering rations out of Mexico. I'll have to investigate the market.

I know the Mexican ration can't be had anywhere that I've found.
Please visit Rick & Aedyn on YouTube: MRE Goodell