Question about receiving a ration from Australia

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Thomas Fernaays

Question about receiving a ration from Australia

Post by Thomas Fernaays » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Hi I’m sorry I’m not sure where else to ask this question. I recently ordered the extremely rare CR5M from a man in Australia. I was told at the time of writing this that it is in the hands of U.S customs (my fear). I wanna ask people who live in America who have ordered Aussie rations directly from Australia how often does customs tear open and take items out of the rations? I’ve heard of it happening a few times but I have also heard some people get it through. Thank you if you can help

Smitty

Re: Question about receiving a ration from Australia

Post by Smitty » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:10 pm

Hey Thomas!

I’m sorry to hear that. I saw those CR5M and wow, that shipping price, eh?

With regard on what makes it through, and what has the meat products removed has a lot to do with luck and some to do with the country of origin and the meat (fish is okay). The USDA has stated that import, even in thermostabilized packs and for personal use, without a permit is considered illegal. There are a few threads about this if you’d like some more information.

The stuff that gets through is just a function of more parcels arriving than they can inspect, so if it’s not taken in to customs for processing, it will arrive intact. If it is, it’s very likely that any meat products will be removed and destroyed.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Thomas Fernaays

Post by Thomas Fernaays » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:50 pm

Smitty wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:10 pm
Hey Thomas!

I’m sorry to hear that. I saw those CR5M and wow, that shipping price, eh?

With regard on what makes it through, and what has the meat products removed has a lot to do with luck and some to do with the country of origin and the meat (fish is okay). The USDA has stated that import, even in thermostabilized packs and for personal use, without a permit is considered illegal. There are a few threads about this if you’d like some more information.

The stuff that gets through is just a function of more parcels arriving than they can inspect, so if it’s not taken in to customs for processing, it will arrive intact. If it is, it’s very likely that any meat products will be removed and destroyed.
Hey man yeah I know what normally gets removed and so on but I was wondering if people got fully intact rations into the states. It doesn’t say if customs is inspecting it it just says it got processed through the facility the 8th so who knows. And if your talking about the CR5M on EBay than yeah that’s the one I got. I’ve gotten foreign rations through customs intact before so. Thxs for the reply it may depend if he put it in another box or put the shipping label on the side of the CR5M

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:02 pm

I’m rooting for ya! From what I’ve seen, if it’s in and out real quick, you’re probably in good shape.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

RGoodellSr
eBay name: Goodell911

Post by RGoodellSr » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:44 pm

Wishing you the best of luck... I've been fortunate so far, but my day will come
Please visit Rick & Aedyn on YouTube: MRE Goodell

Thomas Fernaays

Post by Thomas Fernaays » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:20 pm

RGoodellSr wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:44 pm
Wishing you the best of luck... I've been fortunate so far, but my day will come
Thank you I’m hoping it’ll get through

Thomas Fernaays

Post by Thomas Fernaays » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:21 pm

Smitty wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:02 pm
I’m rooting for ya! From what I’ve seen, if it’s in and out real quick, you’re probably in good shape.
It’s been there since the 8th so who knows

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:47 pm

Thats an F from me
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Sugarcane

Post by Sugarcane » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 am

Smitty wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:02 pm
Haha, this whole quote (especially since it begins with "rooting") has quite a different meaning in Australian English than it does in the US....

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:03 pm

Sugarcane wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 am
Haha, this whole quote (especially since it begins with "rooting") has quite a different meaning in Australian English than it does in the US....
Oh jeez, that’s right. I remember what you guys think rooting means, hahaha! Guess it works both ways. “I’m cheering for ya”
All the best, Gents.