German freezedried entrees

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
housil

German freezedried entrees

Post by housil » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:00 pm

From a different thread:
PablosCaveShop wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:04 am

So sorry,
to break down your world a little now, German EPA are not German, they are made in EU/NATO. This means Austrian & German for example are the same exact rations, both got the same items why ? Because they are working with NATO. In the past ofc German did got they own rations like Austrian but now for 20 years German or Austrian they do not have they own rations. They are using the same all, from NATO for German/Austrian Country's, made in Germany by Feddeck with the difference which is the COVER only. It is so because they are both Bundeswehr. German Bundeswehr and Austrian Bundeswehr is literally now a "Federal Army". Not National Army.
So here are the facts about your story.

~2000, the Bundeswehr introduced a group ration that comes in a case with lightweight food for four soldiers for 24 hrs. These were called "EPa leicht" (not "light"!) and only issued to "special forces" like KSK and DSO (thats where I got mine from)
These EPa leicht:
EPa leicht4.jpg
left, first version, right second

came with eight freezedried entrees
EPa leicht8.jpg
made by Simperit Reiter, an German company from Augsburg.
https://www.travellunch.de/de/

Austria didn´t have 24 hrs rations before, but these:
1052317.jpg
1052317.jpg (47.41 KiB) Viewed 3795 times
1052340.jpg
IMG_0214.JPG
Ösi4.jpg
Ösi6.jpg

So back in ~2005, they got for the first time 24 hrs rations, made by the German Reiter Comapny
Tagespaket1.jpg
Tagespaket2.jpg
Tagespaket3.jpg

Here you see the left, Austrian Army ("Bundesheer") 24 hrs ration
IMG_5105.JPG
right one is the same, but civilian version (with sleeve and best by date)

housil

Re: German freezedried entrees

Post by housil » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:12 pm

PablosCaveShop wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:48 pm
To be directly, from 1995/99r. But the real date of getting the same food rations as Germany is 99r.
No argument will fit You guys, because Your EGO stands in your way. You dont care what i write, You read it, and write what You want not about it or to it, You just type, this is a fact.
However, the ignorance of people who think they have the knowledge is frightening.
Now it´s up to you to proof me/us wrong with your "facts" about