SR 89 Vintage Norwegian ration.

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Robin heum

SR 89 Vintage Norwegian ration.

Post by Robin heum » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:32 am

Just got a hold of something i didnt even know existed before i got it in the mail. Turns out there was a precursor to the SR92 ration pack the Norwegian army used in the 90s.
I was really surprised and exited when i learned that what i thought was a SR92 turned out to be an SR89. as far as i know its the only completely canned norwegian ration, two mains are canned instead of freeze dried.
I think there had to be something really wrong with this ration considering its small production cycle, i might have seem some photos of it before here on Mre info but i cant for the life of me find the post again. Or if it even was of this ration that is.
The A box is made early 1990 and B box really early 1992, B box is probaly some of the last of them produced for the SR89.
1.jpg
2.jpg
First i got the A box in the mail, when i learned what it was i instantly tried to find the B box and i was lucky enough to find one. Although the SR89 and SR92 are quite similar the contents are different, like i said the mains are canned and the SR89 also contains something called Emergency ration and i have no clue what that is. But it is 1040 calories so i assume its big considering the mains are only 700-770 calories, might be some dry block of something.
It also has a boiling wessel, Bisquit and condements inside. All the contents are written on the box.
B box is simpler than the SR92 variant containing only topspread, soup and bevrage bases.
The SR92 i sent steve probaly had similar contents to the B box of the SR89.
3.jpg
Comparison of an SR92 and SR89 and SR89 and the 1994 French Rcir.
As you can see it is quite small compared to the SR92.
The SR92 is a 2001 Production date and contents are pristine if anyone was wondering:)
Its some of the last produced intill the Fr 2000 Took completely over.

So im just curius if anyone has any more info on the SR89? Like why they stopped making it and maybe pictures of one opened?

cap174
eBay name: chapr_7219

Re: SR 89 Vintage Norwegian ration.

Post by cap174 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Where are you getting all these cool Norwegian rats dude? :D
On an impossible mission to get every ration ever :D

Looking for Vintage, rare and just plain strange items

Robin heum

Post by Robin heum » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:10 am

cap174 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:06 pm
On a Norwegian website that somewhat like Ebay. if you are looking for any special Norwegian ration item i can keep an eye out for it there.
People there often sell alot of those Vintage Rsp ration packs if you want one, SR89 and SR92s are more rare.
Here is a picture of one of those Rsp rations that someone is selling right now.
Rsp.jpg

cap174
eBay name: chapr_7219

Post by cap174 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:35 am

Robin heum wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:10 am
cap174 wrote:
On a Norwegian website that somewhat like Ebay. if you are looking for any special Norwegian ration item i can keep an eye out for it there.
People there often sell alot of those Vintage Rsp ration packs if you want one, SR89 and SR92s are more rare.
Here is a picture of one of those Rsp rations that someone is selling right now.
Rsp.jpg
whats the site called? that ration looks really cool :D
On an impossible mission to get every ration ever :D

Looking for Vintage, rare and just plain strange items

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Robin heum wrote:
cap174 wrote:
Rsp.jpg
I've got one of the larger versions of the SP63 with the tin of meat to go along with the box. Steve sent it to me as a Christmas gift a couple years ago
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Robin heum

Post by Robin heum » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:27 pm

BTemple wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:46 pm
Robin heum wrote:
cap174 wrote:
Rsp.jpg
I've got one of the larger versions of the SP63 with the tin of meat to go along with the box. Steve sent it to me as a Christmas gift a couple years ago
All of them have a tin of meat, they just put it inside the cardboard box in the Newer ones.
Funny i just ate one of Those today with a friend(it was from 1982) and the tin of meat was fine, but everything Else had gone bad. The crackers usally ruin everything inside the other tin.
I think i have sent Steve around 3 of Those 1960 ones:) Who knows might even be one i have sent him who knows😁