Compiling IMP Menus

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Smitty

Compiling IMP Menus

Post by Smitty » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:20 pm

I've started compiling a list of the Canadian IMP Menus using Youtube, MRE Info, etc. Pardon the formatting, it's a work in progress so the "size to fit" might bug a few of the "spectacular" folks ;)

Let me know if you have any missing info.

All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Cortexmelon

Re: Compiling IMP Menus

Post by Cortexmelon » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:54 am

Smitty wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:20 pm
I've started compiling a list of the Canadian IMP Menus using Youtube, MRE Info, etc. Pardon the formatting, it's a work in progress so the "size to fit" might bug a few of the "spectacular" folks ;)

Let me know if you have any missing info.
I had the menu list from 1995 from my IMP, but I think I accidently threw it away! I'll keep my eye out for it and post the list if I find it.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:19 pm

You're my one 1995 data point, Cortex, haha. Here's hoping you can find it.
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Who would have thought 2005 would be so hard to find info for, haha. Guess it's only recently that we've had such access to these.
All the best, Gents.

mikeoverhere
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Post by mikeoverhere » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Sweet! I love databases such as these. Thank you for the work you are putting into this. I am very specific about which menus and years I choose. I hope this info may be added to this website in the menu's info section. I get disturbed when I order a ration and find out it does not contain what I expect it to contain. I do appreciate some countries SOP to change up the contents to keep soldiers from getting bored of the same menu's. I just don't understand why the US will nix items or menus that seem genuinely popular, and I wish they would look at some of the better rations from other countries and adopt some of the mains and components.
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Just wanted to bump this. I've asked the Canadian Archives for any information they have on older IMPs, but still working that potential lead. In the meantime, I'm always on the lookout for more menu types.
All the best, Gents.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:48 pm

Very cool, thanks for your work on this!

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Im doing the same for british ORPs but mine isnt as pretty as yours!
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

MR.EMAN

Post by MR.EMAN » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:47 am

I have several cases of 1996 IMP's, so I can help with that year. I've been thinking of doing a 'memories of IMP's' type of topic for some time, sharing what info I can recall, from my experience in eating them, spanning from the late 80's to 90's IMPs.

Demolition_Man

Post by Demolition_Man » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:05 am

What about just updating the IMP section of the motherpage this honored board belongs to?
Military rations I have...
tested: Germany, USA, UK, France, Norway, Canada, Lithuania
acquired but yet to try: Australia, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Russia (Mountain, IRP), Ukraine