Question about US Customs...

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
KML1989

Question about US Customs...

Post by KML1989 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:50 am

Does it matter to customs if any rations in particular are for "collectible" use only, or will they tear any international rations open to inspect, ravage, and destroy? I ask because customs has treated all of my international rations quite badly, and I even got a French RCIR that had almost nothing left after they put their grubby hands all over it.

If I was to buy a vintage international ration for my collection, it would certainly be devalued if Customs tore it to pieces. Thanks all!

norge

Re: Question about US Customs...

Post by norge » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:11 pm

No it doesn't matter....I lost a few in to Norway and even before sent to Norway of the country origin custom claiming it to be a non legal item in Norway.
Once I lost a like new UK Falkland GP ration from the 1970s, I went to a lawyer and claimed the custom for the value of the ration + shipping and since it a highly collectible piece and it could not be replaced. I won and got the money :D but got one hell of a note from the lands country after about laws and on and on and on :mrgreen:
Do I care? sorry NO I will always take the risk.

cheers ken

housil

Post by housil » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:55 pm

It matters as much as "Cocain" for collectible purpose :mrgreen:

carlosflar

Post by carlosflar » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Actually, i have had an amazing experience with customs labeling my stuff as collectibles...
In spain it matters, as if a can of food is labeled as collectible it can be imported without needing to pass health inspections and it can be expired, im not sure if on the US the same thing exists, but i label everything as a ''collector's box'' and ive never gotten a package messed up by customs...
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar

carlosflar

Post by carlosflar » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:44 pm

housil wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:55 pm
It matters as much as "Cocain" for collectible purpose :mrgreen:
Just some time ago i was trying to see if it was legal to have rations with amphetamines, since obviously those are for collectible purposes, but couldnt find much

Mackeson

Post by Mackeson » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:13 am

Just some time ago i was trying to see if it was legal to have rations with amphetamines, since obviously those are for collectible purposes, but couldnt find much
I would say that collectible rations with amphetamine are as immune from the law as collectible medical kits with morphine :D :D

Mack

housil

Post by housil » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:03 am

carlosflar wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:41 pm
Actually, i have had an amazing experience with customs labeling my stuff as collectibles...
In spain it matters, as if a can of food is labeled as collectible it can be imported without needing to pass health inspections and it can be expired, im not sure if on the US the same thing exists, but i label everything as a ''collector's box'' and ive never gotten a package messed up by customs...
How?
Spain is also member of EC so the European Customs regulations are also valid there - no meat at all. :shock:

carlosflar

Post by carlosflar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:59 am

housil wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:03 am
carlosflar wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:41 pm
How?
Spain is also member of EC so the European Customs regulations are also valid there - no meat at all. :shock:
Labelling a can as a collectible and importing it legally is when importing to Spain*

housil

Post by housil » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:12 am

carlosflar wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:59 am

Labelling a can as a collectible and importing it legally is when importing to Spain*
Can you pls link me that customs regulations so I can try that over here too? It´s all EC regualtions.